View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2018, 11:52 pm   #16
ajgriff
Nonode

Default Re: Porsche Jazz Desk Lamp (Star Trek VI)

Originally bought the lamp as a 'fun' distraction from the more usual radios, amplifiers and oscilloscopes and I really did think that it might serve as a useful workshop light. At the time I was unaware of the Star Trek or vehicular links to say nothing of 'designer' aspirations. Never could resist something quirky anyway. It'll not surprise anyone to learn that it actually gets used as a desk lamp of all things!

As for Star Trek, although not an ardent fan, I do remember watching early episodes on the family's black and white Bush TV95 with 17 inch screen. The more recent re-mastered versions viewed on a larger flat panel screen in colour are perhaps a little more acceptable when compared to Space Odyssey. One thing I hadn't remembered from boyhood viewing is the quite strong moralistic content.

I do think Renato did well to find one of these in its box with the accompanying leaflets. Bet there aren't many like that still around. Will send him a private message asking if he'd be kind enough to send photos or other copies of the literature.

Thank you all for your interesting and amusing comments.

Alan