View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 10:54 am   #1412
Mr.Taylor
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: The "Sussex" Homebrew Valve Tester.

Hello everyone,
My name is György Szabó, you can call me George. I live in Norway. I've recently found this forum and I'm very happy about it. I have to give respect to the author and say thank to you guys for developing such a useful instrument.
I have read the thread and all available docs so will begin to build the tester in a short time. I have seen many of you has built this tester and all of them has a different look. I understand that everyone has it's own needs/possibilities in design. But I have to ask, is there a need for a more or less standardized design of the front panel for this tube tester? I mean an aluminium sheet panel with all the sockets and controls installed on it. Of course with some extra space for installing extra sockets/controls if needed. A simple design in DXF can be made in a short time. I have a homemade CNC machine which can drill/mill soft metals e.g. aluminium (beside wood) and I have successfully machined a few top panels for my tube amplifiers. I'm going to build this tube tester and I would like to make a nice front panel to have a look similar to a Heathkit or Hickok for example and I want to share it with you. But in order to be useful for others as well I want to discuss it with you and make it maximum usable not only for my needs.
So what you think about this? Is it worth discussion?

'73
George, LB4IG
Mr.Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote