View Single Post
Old 12th May 2014, 11:51 am   #59
threeseven
Octode

Default Re: Final Solihull Fling - 10th May 2014 - TV Junk Swap

What a brilliant day in all respects! A bunch of great blokes get to hang out and talk TV etc, or as tazzman1966 puts it, nerding All with outstanding hospitality! On this occasion it was even better for me as I took my first 2 TV's along for testing and evaluation, a Pye VT5 and KB VC52.
They couldn't be in better hands, the knowledge and experience possessed by these guys is incredible, it leaves me speechless!
I picked up the VT4 that morning and it is a really exceptional example, I feel very lucky to have found it. Having not seen power for at least 40-50 years we weren't expecting much but it powered up and an image of sorts was displayed, although very messed up. The main thing is that the tube seems really good. So a good going over and recap should see it back upto speed!
The KB fired right up and worked after a bit of knob twiddling! That hasn't been used for 35-40 years! Amazing! A couple of fragile looking dropper connections were attended to by HSB and all was good, thanks mate!
Very special thanks to Mikey for hosting us and John for his incredible and greatly appreciated generosity.
Thanks to all, it's a privilege to know you.