View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2017, 10:25 pm   #1
nigelr2000
Heptode

Default What have I done?? Fidelity AVS1600.

I was idly looking at items online when I found a Fidelity AVS1600 for sale at a fiver opening bid well what could I do I bid on it and lost out at the end to another bidder with a £5.50 bid, oh well, then I received a second chance offer as the winner lived in Kent and thought it was the Aylesham near him Aylsham in Norfolk so thinking er indoors is away for a few days with the girls so I can sneak it in I bought it.
Not seen it in the flesh yet but and this is the big bonus the seller said he also has a Ferrranti T1011 I can have for free, I have googled it but can't find one so does anyone know what it looks like or got a picture. I have considered doing a telly for a while now as I used to be in the TV trade in the 80's and 90's and had a shop in the late 90's and noughtys.

Enclosed a pic of the oh so 'orrible AVS1600, can't be many of them left and I used to see quite a few in the local Norwich area as well as it's big brother AVS2000. They were nasty to work on then as a living I am hoping it will be a more pleasant experience as a hobby repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	avs1600.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	152323