Thread: Philips N4450
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2017, 12:36 pm   #2
Reelman
Octode

Default Re: Philips N4450

Quote:
A few days ago I bought a Philips N4450...

The user manual states that the machine will either stop at the end of the tape or can be set to record/play left-to-right, then autoreverse, do the same right-to-left and then stop. It goes on to say that if you want continuous operation (autoreverse at both ends of the tape) to see your dealer. I assume there was a modification to do this, does anyone know what it involved? I can't see anything about it in the English service manual
Hi Tony,
I bought the service manual in the early 70s and it did come in 2 parts. Since then I have downloaded every available manual for this machine. However Philips did produce yellow updates but these seem even rarer. Can't say that any one included info not available in any of the others. Unfortunately can't put my hands on the original to check.

I have also searched in vain for the continuous reversal mod for 40 years now, I really don't think it was ever actually published. I mentioned it some years ago on this forum and nobody ever commented.

Good luck with the machine, I really must get around to restoring mine! Oddly enough the original belts only lasted about 11 years. Perhaps that was good going for Philips.

See if I can find the manuals....

Peter