Default Re: Audiojumble Sun 16th Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Kendall View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerhifinut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viewmaster View Post
Watch out for Dennis !
And That's why I cancelled my hotel room this morning.
As I write this we are getting Biblical rain and the river in the valley is already up to its banks.
Afraid I bottled it as the weather plot showed I would be driving 330 miles right through the lot as the first wave travels SE, and I figured it was probably suicidal.
Be careful anyone who isn't familiar with the location, the Sainsbury's car park which is also the angel car park is very close to the Medway and prone to flooding.
There's always October.

A.
Bottled it, too, and in the circumstances I'm not sorry. Might have made it there but almost certainly not back. Till November, then...
I had a walk down to the bridge over the Eden at the foot of the village, Road closed and I estimated 2 to 3 feet deep water on the road just by the traffic lights, it's dropped a bit now but there's lot of h20 stillto run off the pennines and the eastern Lakeland mountains which feed the river system. But we're are lucky here as both villages each side of the river haave no housing on or near the flood plain.
Hope its been ok for you Ted, I know Kington and it looks to have the right geography to cause severe issues if you get massive downpours. Looks like the SW and S wales bore the brunt of this one, I think we were relatively fortunate, roads will drain in time, but theres a few bridges likely to be temporarily closed while engineers check them.
A