View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2019, 3:47 pm   #1
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Liquid Rosin Flux

I have said it before: the use of liquid rosin flux for successful soldering and re-soldering is not widely recognised, and I had not encountered it until I started work in manufacturing industry. If you feel you cannot improve on your soldering with your favourite brand of rosin-cored solder read no further, but if you have ever been frustrated trying to tin a stripped wire or trying to solder to the nickel-plated terminals of a Phono-socket or Jack-plug, treat yourself to a small bottle of Liquid Rosin Flux and a "Needle Bottle".

I have just bought a needle bottle and it far exceeds the performance of any other flux bottle I used at work. These do not leak and cannot be spilled but allow the precise administration of minute quantities of the sticky stuff. Search eBay for >Needle Bottle for Rosin Solder Flux< where you will find two sizes, 50 and 30ml. I bought the 50ml but 30 would be more convenient on the workbench. Search also for a small quantity of the flux, and for some IPA (Isopropanol) for cleaning off flux residue. I apply liquid flux to any and every solder joint.

I normally set my iron to 260-300°C for normal-fine work. I now use these needle bottles for the IPA and for white spirit

It's good here

Last edited by Julesomega; 7th Feb 2019 at 4:04 pm. Reason: PS