View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2018, 3:53 pm   #1
Andy_John
Retired Dormant Member

Default Radiogram. Identification help if possible.

Hello,

First post, so sorry if this is the wrong section.

I have acquired an old radiogram, with the intent of gutting and replacing most of it.
However, after the initial once over, I powered it up and was surprised to find that there may be life in it yet. (valves all glow, and the radio appears to work. The turntable (4 speed, BSR, with a TC8S cartridge) spins, and offers some faint sound, somewhere behind the "hum").

So being a bit of a "natural fiddler", I'm looking at the possibility of making it work (and safely).

I have browsed though this very informative and knowledgeable site and gained a rough idea of what I need to do first, 'find out exactly what I have', then try to find a schematic/diagram to aid with the replacement of aging/failing components.

This is my stumbling point, I do not seem to be able to locate anything that resembles the radio/amp, to give me a name to search for.
The only thing that is on the radio chassis is a faint sticker with the name "falcon" on it, but this does not yield any results.

I believe (after reading posts on this site), it's probably a "catalogue/discount/cheap" unit, from the 60's/70's, but the challenge of getting it to work is the real value.

Anyway, enough of the waffle, I (hopefully) have attached a couple of images, that someone might recognize and point me in the right direction for a name.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1462 (Custom).JPG
Views:	260
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	161469   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1464 (Custom).JPG
Views:	211
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	161470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1465 (Custom).JPG