View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 9:11 pm   #70
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: The Thanks thread.

I owe my most profound thanks to everyone on the forum.

I spent most of November virtually paralysed by what the GPs have categorised as probably a viral infection. I could totter if I kept my knees locked, otherwise I collapsed like a rag doll. Once on the floor the loss of oomph in all 4 limbs meant I couldn't get back up even into a crawling position and had to worm my way along on my back using neck and shoulder-blades for propulsion. My neighbours were great and looked after me well. The loss of motive power was matched by a powerful tingling which worked inwards from hands and feet.

To say I was scared was an understatement.

But once set-up in the radio shack at the computer I was connected into a group of interesting and friendly people, and it took my mind off the worries. Of course the HF rig chose just this time to go belly-up, and 2 metres is deader than the dodo round here.

I'm now back to 80% strength and steadily recovering. I think I lost 2 stones. Sadly it may have been muscle rather than flab.

I hope I wasn't a pest.

Again, thanks everyone.

David