View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2021, 2:54 am   #21
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: Just when you thought Networking-over-Mains was bad for RFI

I can see by Sychrodynes post we should have stuck with DC. Its great for long distance attenuators.
So even two phase was one phase further than DC, or even single phase AC. Tesla at least built Niagra and proved the system would work. I dont suppose he could just rip down to local electrical suppliers and buy up a large slab of grain oriented generator laminations.
As I read in the books about Tesla, the "laminations" were iron wire dipped in shellac for insulation. I guess a commutator wasnt exactly easy to obtain either, or even the machining required to make one. REMEMBER noboday had ever built one to this point in time, so where was the model to copy?

Westinghouse didnt treat Tesla very well as I read, nor Bell for that matter. Its very interesting that Bell invented the telephone just when Tesla worked for him. Or Westinghouse that just happened to invent the Westinghouse brake while Tesla worked there. What about the steam turbine? etc etc.
Teslas papers ? all taken by the American government as I remember reading.

Its easy to write somebody off, but I stick with my origional statement. Or I will even go further, probably the most influential inventor of modern times.

Just my take, and I do defend Tesla, his work influenced me to try and be an engineer in the first place, all taught me by my father who attended his lectures in Austria sometime in the 20,s.

With respect

Joe