View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2021, 1:11 am   #19
dave walsh
Dekatron

Location: Ramsbottom (Nr Bury) Lancs or Bexhill (Nr Hastings) Sussex.
Default Re: Just when you thought Networking-over-Mains was bad for RFI

I'm an observer here because the theory is a lot beyond me but its certainly vintage-nothing is that new if you care to look. Is there an exploitative element I don't know! We already have "wireless" TV's on the market [SKY]. Wireless power was investigated by Tesla. Now it's just a car!

This might not be the right approach in the end but lots of things often turn out to be useful. Edison fried an Elephant to prove that DC was better than AC. Ironically it took a very long time for DC power transmission to become an Industry standard. As Joe said, in the meantime, Tesla is still behind modern society even now-especially now! Why did he die in poverty? What happened to his paperwork? Aside from the love affair with a pigeon, he also invented three phase transmission while reciting the poet Goethe. See the Power Station at Niagra Falls [USA side]. I didn't because I didn't know it was there when on a visit to Canada. I saw the Horizon Documentary though!

Nobody can establish who invented television of course because it was going on all round the world at the same time Two of the most influential figures in history, however, were treated very badly. Why would that be?

Dave W

Bexhill [Where J L Baird died around the corner]

Last edited by dave walsh; 26th Nov 2021 at 1:22 am.