View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2021, 2:38 pm   #4
mark2collection
Hexode

Default Re: Just when you thought Networking-over-Mains was bad for RFI

Having a quick read I saw a mention of data packets, automatic software updates & on another site, electricity via WiFi ... and the average UK person these days loves the word 'digital'.

So in theory the system could be hacked, and parts of your home could be rendered obsolete in a heartbeat? Still, at least you'll be able to switch on a blender or sewing machine whilst either on the bus or, when you're bored many thousands of miles from home, in another country. Useful.

Living in the countryside we already have an early form of digital electricity, either full mains or nowt! (especially in stormy weather).

I can just imagine all those electricity 'transmitters' & then a 'receiver' in the home screaming away, not audible to humans or animals ooooo no, but I bet our wireless sets would tune in a treat ...

That said, I can hear our WiFi router screaming away, it's very irritating. Not faulty either, as when visiting other homes, I can hear theirs too ... sounds like an old telly when the aerial lead has fallen out the socket and the poor old set needs nail varnish on the linearity coils.

Mark