View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2017, 8:43 pm   #34
Jon_G4MDC
Nonode

Default Re: Common Pye PF1 RX deafness problem

I had one made by Finglas Dublin. Pye used them for (out) sourcing various signal generators and odd bits of test equipment.

It was the usual palm sized die cast box, painted in light PF1 Blue, with a spring loaded slide switch which made it go. About 3" of wire on a banana plug was the output for "waving around".

Inside was a PCB, with almost the same circuit as a Pye Westminster Single Channel TX Board. Pretty much that is a Colpitts Oscillator for 30pF Parallel Crystals. It had a variable capacitor for calibration.

If you could get one of those and put it with a switch and PP3 in a suitable box, 10.7MHz crystal fitted, it would do.

I seem to recall that the first Pye service depot I worked at gave me a plain aluminium diecast box, some bits, and said you will need one of these. So I built it.
It was in my stuff for a long time but not seen now for many years. Possible re-use of diecast box?

The Pye blue one I still have somewhere. Battery leaked - lots of white furry cack. Board scrapped probably, box and lid I have seen in the last 5years.