View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2021, 3:50 pm   #4
Hartley118
Nonode

Default Re: Bruel & Kjaer 2206 Disassembly

Hi W.

I'm an informal collector of B&K instruments: as you've already found, I don't think there are very many of us on this forum. I do sympathise with your problem. My own experience suggests that Messrs Bruel & Kjaer had such confidence in their own design and manufacturing quality that they didn't feel the need to give thought to ease of servicing and repair.

Your post has prompted me to dig out a less than pristine (but working) 2206 meter from my own B&K collection. It's a neat little instrument, as shown in photo 1. Its spec is straightforward, with just A & C weighting, plus linear. However, despite its compact design, its measurement ranges suggest a 'grown up' ability to measure a wide range of sound levels from 20dB to 130dB.

I've had a go at dismantling my 2206, first unscrewing the microphone connector to expose the two small screws that release the green case (photo 2). The case then can be pulled off with a bit of wiggling and persuasion. Photo 3 shows it on the point of pulling past the coax connector which I think is what's presenting you with a problem. Is your connector protruding more than mine? I can but give you encouragement to keep on persuading the case to pass the socket. Mine does.

Best of luck,

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1. B&K 2206 SLM.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	230842   Click image for larger version

Name:	2. B&K 2206 SLM mic connector & case fixing screws.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	230843   Click image for larger version