View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2021, 11:53 pm   #88
MelJon66
Pentode

Default Re: Cossor CDU150 rescue

Hi Jez1234,

It's good to know there is yet another Cossor enthusiast about. I have really got to like the CDU150 in the time I have had it and would love to get it fully operational. It has a classic industrial look and is repairable with standard parts unlike some Tek or HP equipment that have rare as hens teeth special chips. I hope I can repair it and keep it going for years to come. Yes, it does run warm and at first I wondered if it was about to self destruct. After a while I accepted that is just the way they were designed. The combination of the heat and the glow from the CRT display accompanied by some good music is a great combination on a cold winters night.

The flickering trace is just an annoyance but on my 'scope it happens when there is no signal or the signal on one channel is much smaller than the other. I now know which settings stop it happening so I could live with it if I can't fix it. My plan is to fix all the more serious issues and hope that one of the fixes will stop the flickering. The project is a learning exercise for me so the more problems I encounter the better the learning.

The support of the forum members here is invaluable to a beginner like me. I have some classic amp projects to work when I get the chance so your experience might be useful there so please stay in touch.

Cheers
Mel