View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2021, 9:38 pm   #149
Dekatron
Octode

Default Re: AVO 163 amp board ~ transformers

If you want the oscillator transformer to be a drop-in solution you will need to make it so that the resistances (DC) are equal to the original ones as the rest of the resistors in the mA/V rotary switch depends on that resistance. There is a calibration potentiometer there which can be used to adjust for some change but as close as possible to the original resistances is always best, especially since the potentiometer sometimes end up close to its end of the track - the potentiometer could of course be replaced with another value to fit the variation.

I'll see if I get some time in the coming weeks to desolder my oscillator transformer and perhaps give you some more measurements.

If you can get hold of the RM8 or RM10 cores with adjuster they are a good substitute too.

Whatever core you choose, please send me information on the footprint and if you use a bobbin with pins so I can add it to the small circuit board adapter I've drawn.

You are welcome to send me a pair of them when they are finished so I can test them (I'll pay for shipping of course).