View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2018, 10:55 pm   #40
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: 120W PP EL34 amplifier re-born.

I can see Andy wandering around with nowt to do !!!
They are finished WWHHEEEEEE.
Took a lot of work!! I can see that. I do like the Tektronics type tagboards!! I have not been able to find them at a "normal" price, although as far as I can I do point to point in my builds. I still have my chassis to repaint , and then I will start my build. I have all the bits n pieces so really I have no excuse. Well we do have the first cyclone predicted to blow directly over us as it travels from the Gulf of Capentaria back to the east coast of Queensland.

In the meantime I have been doing a few odd jobs like building my first ever stereo stand. Its only el cheapo pine salvaged from a large cable drum ( like 10 feet in diameter) so I guess its called pallet wood. BUT its seriously solid and has reduced noise by a very large factor. I have also come up with a new preamp design. As I have a standard 19" rack case laying around I will start building this soon.

I figure that Andy will be playing with a couple of output transformers ?? that I know he has laying around. PERFECTLY suited to push/pull parallel 807's, more EL34's, also in push/pull parallel, How about something really exotic like 6 6V6's ?? Would look like Baird amps .

Anyway good to see its done, and with excellent workmanship.
Cheers Andy