View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2017, 10:11 pm   #1
Pieter H
Tetrode

Default Philips tuners in UK sets

Hi,

this weekend I've uploaded the second part of my Philips tuner history, covering the last valve tuners and UHF introduction. The first part covered VHF tuners till the end of the 1950s. Thanks to all of you that have supported me in the several threads I've posted on this topic!

As you can see in the overviews, UK sets and tuners after badly under-represented after 1956, which is a pity given that the UK was an important and big market for Philips and its sub-brands. There must have been as many generations and models in the UK as I've found in the Netherlands, Germany and France. So I'm still hoping to find any info about the tuners used in Philips (or Cossor or Stella) 1960-70 UK sets. As you can read on the site, I'm potentially interested in all relevant information: service documentation of sets specifying the tuners used, circuit diagrams, factory codes and later service codes, drawings and pictures of the tuners in their sets.

Next I will move to transistor-based tuners, where the same requests apply . I look forward to any feedback or inputs!

Cheers, Pieter