UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Nickthedentist 27th Apr 2021 2:07 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to RogDW48 for the incredibly kind gift of an utterly amazing cassette deck, and for packing it so well and posting it so quickly.

Nickthedentist 27th Apr 2021 2:08 pm

And to Martin Bush for the equally kind donation of a couple of lovely Bush radios, in amazing cosmetic condition, and delivered to my doorstep!

Nickthedentist 27th Apr 2021 2:09 pm

And finally to Rob Whiskas for selling me a lovely Technics cassette deck at a good price, and packing it so well.

qualityten 29th Apr 2021 4:45 pm

My thanks to Valvepower (Terry) for his great kindness in giving me a set of Trio transformers, as well as for sharing many helpful scans of valve amplifier circuits and constructional booklets on this forum.

David

Kevin Hoyland 2nd May 2021 9:44 am

Hello My Thanks to High Vacuum House / Mr Christopher Capener for being so kind and helpful.

Kind Regards
Kevin.

G.Castle 3rd May 2021 8:32 am

Many thanks to Electronpusher0 for sending the Ever Ready 5216, it arrived safely and has provided the information required to finish another restoration, and is now being restored itself.

Greg.

DMcMahon 3rd May 2021 2:45 pm

Thank you to Horris (Dave) for the HP 3400A voltmeter that arrived safely on Saturday.

On its rear panel its Hewlett Packard ident plate says Böblingen, Federal Republic of Germany. This brings back good memories of when I used to do site visits to the Siemens Semiconductor Plant at Böblingen.

David

Update - To be more accurate , Böblingen is the district, Siemens (also linked with IBM at the time) was on the edge of Sindelfingen (commonly called Sifi).

cathoderay57 4th May 2021 8:15 am

Many thanks to Ed Dinning for the supply of a replacement mains transformer for my Pye 834. See success stories for details. Jerry

Cruisin Marine 4th May 2021 3:29 pm

Cobaltblue
Thanks for the Taylor Windsor 45B Instruction Manual, it is very much appreciated, I hope to pick it up later today- so hopefully it will be restored to a nice working condition.

deliverance 4th May 2021 5:18 pm

A big thanks to Christopher ( High-Vacuum-House) for the BRT-400 very nice.

Jolly 7 6th May 2021 6:07 pm

Many thanks to Technotel and CathodeRay57 for the minimod board and caps. I look forward to building it soon.

DMcMahon 7th May 2021 8:38 am

A big thank you to Malcolm G6ANZ for the various capacitors that arrived safely on Wednesday, this was a very generous FOC replacement for the original shipment that appears to have got mislaid in the Royal Mail ether.

David

AC/HL 7th May 2021 3:09 pm

Thanks to Lloyd (Lloyd 1985) for the Netgear router he offered recently. Using it now to post this.

Nymrod121 8th May 2021 11:43 am

Many thanks to robinshack for the C&K miniature SPDT toggle switches, received today.
Cheers, Rob! :thumbsup:
Guy

Bear2Biker 10th May 2021 8:28 pm

Many thanks to Stockden for the 19" panels & the time and trouble in packing them & getting a suitable courier, well done.

Kevin Hoyland 11th May 2021 6:57 am

Hello.
Thanks to Robinshack for the bulbs.

Kevin:thumbsup:

Bufo Bill 11th May 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks indeed to WME_bill for his help with my HP180A, for "Bill's mixture", and for the 1806A.

David G4EBT 13th May 2021 9:40 am

Thanks to David, 'Backtoreailty' for kindly donating, and going to the trouble to pack and post the Radiophiles to me, which I'm enjoying reading.

Cobaltblue 18th May 2021 8:44 am

I would like to thank 60 oldjohn for the Philips L2G77B Musette shoulder strap these are so often missing.

There must be very many members here who have benefited from John's generosity with hard to get parts.

Thanks John

Nickthedentist 25th May 2021 10:00 am

Many thanks to David DMcMahon for sending me an original instruction sheet for a 1950s Telefunken radio.