UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Humber888 22nd Jan 2016 12:17 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to Paul Sherwin for his expertise, help and advice about getting my YouView recorder to receive live internet streaming (Sky channels) over WiFi, rather than using horrid power line adaptors. This involved a big learning curve on my part and significant correspondence on Paul's.

Mike

mole42uk 23rd Jan 2016 5:18 pm

Huge thanks to Guy (Nymrod121) for his help moving stuff South from Manchester

mole42uk 23rd Jan 2016 5:19 pm

Thanks also to Nigel (Vinylspinner) for transporting equipment South to Bristol.

Nymrod121 23rd Jan 2016 5:27 pm

Happy to help! - so pleased it's all worked out OK & great to meet up with Nigel (Vinylspinner) earlier today.

Here's to Mark_in_manc for making this equipment available to VRF members :clap:

Cheers
Guy ;D

mark_in_manc 24th Jan 2016 12:10 am

I'd like to add my thanks to Guy for helping shift such a lot of this stuff, and to everyone on here who has helped by buying something. I wasn't entirely sure I'd not be left sat on a huge pile of gear with worthy intentions, but not much to show for it!

Phil G4SPZ 30th Jan 2016 12:17 pm

Can I reiterate my thanks to Bill (WME_Bill) albeit rather belatedly, for the copy of the user manual, circuit diagram and notes on the Linstead M2B millivoltmeter that he sent me - back in November 2007! I have just got round to fully fixing the meter. Thank you again Bill.

Phil G4SPZ 3rd Feb 2016 10:37 am

Many thanks go to Derrick (1955APREN) for the damaged Avo 8 which he generously sent me for the cost of postage :clap:

Dickie 3rd Feb 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks to Norman Raeburn for a couple of Mini Mod coils sent completely FOC :thumbsup:

Miguel Lopez 3rd Feb 2016 5:12 pm

Thanks to Joe (aka Joebog1) for sending me a parcel with valves (807 and CV428) and related items to be used in my experiments and projects.

Thank you very much Joe. :thumbsup:

Horris 6th Feb 2016 5:19 pm

Just a word of thanks to Panrock for the Bush TV24 cabinet.
Nymrod for delivering the above cabinet to me, and finally to Ed Dinning for the IC's to get my Labgear colour bar generator working again.

[B]THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Dave
M0HBV

Nymrod121 6th Feb 2016 5:33 pm

Nice meeting up earlier today - happy to help, Dave! :thumbsup:
Best wishes
Guy

thomass 6th Feb 2016 6:11 pm

Thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for the EE magazines, many happy hours of reading. Nice to meet up today.

Thomas

bikerhifinut 7th Feb 2016 9:00 pm

trhanks to Norman Raeburn for the minimod coils.

Once I get the impending (hopeful) house sale and move to new premises done and dusted I am looking forward to building the minimod and start enjoying MW entertainment.

Andy.

Nymrod121 15th Feb 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks to Ed Dinning for advising on / rewinding a mains transformer for me - a very quick turn-around time and a top-quality job :)

Cheers, Ed :thumbsup:

Best wishes
Guy

Nymrod121 15th Feb 2016 2:48 pm

Thanks to Dr Wobble for the box of assorted components, ICs etc. Lots of useful goodies :)

Hermes' timing couldn't have been better ... SWMBO and YL had just gone out the front door so I've got all afternoon to have a good look through before squirrelling everything away out of sight ;)

Cheers, Andy :thumbsup:

Best wishes
Guy

Nickthedentist 15th Feb 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for sending the lovely AVO so quickly.

But especially to his daughter Molly for the lovely card she made us. The first home-made one we've had, and very much appreciated. Thank you!

Nick.

TonyDuell 17th Feb 2016 4:19 pm

Thanks to Dazzlevision for sending me the circuit of my Philips 22EN9728 unit. It will be a great help in working out what I can do with it.

sobell1980 20th Feb 2016 11:22 am

Many thanks to electronicskip for sending the Bang and Olufsen MMC cartridge to me completely free of charge. My Beocenter is now back up and running thanks to electronicskip. I'd also like to send my thanks to radio wrangler who very generously gave up his 1st refusal. He discovered I had enquired about the cartridge too, very kindly he said my need was greater than his and asked the cartridge to be sent to me instead. The kindess, and generosity of the members of this forum never ceases to amaze me. I've always been given help when I've asked and when I was a newbie the members patience with me was fantastic. I've only ever received help and support and good advice from this amazing forum. It was so kind for member electronicskip to send this cartridge free to me when it can fetch such vast prices being sold elsewhere. It's so nice to receive all the help you need where people are genuinely interested in your projects and keeping vintage audio alive without blatant profiterring. Many thanks to both of you.
Regards,
Dave.

Nymrod121 26th Feb 2016 10:37 am

Many thanks to Mark (mark_in_manc) for the Technics tuner-amplifier - and his kind hospitality, as always!
Cheers
Guy

rbm1973 26th Feb 2016 11:10 am

I would like to thank member Robin "line sync"

for his help locating a tuner with pcb! for my A823

a very reasonable cost of only £10 inc shipping which goes beyond saying was excellent arrived quickly and was packed better than the spares i order regularly from charles hyde for the modern stuff i repair daily

thanks again :thumbsup:

Also a very big thankyou to Simon "hybrid tellies"
for bidding and collecting my A823 from rwb when my partner broke down enroute having inadvertantly filled my diesel car up with petrol then meeting them at service station thanks again :thumbsup: