UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Newbury radio rally tomorrow (23rd) (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=157485)

high_vacuum_house 22nd Jun 2019 7:11 pm

Newbury radio rally tomorrow (23rd)

Good afternoon,
I know its a bit late now, completely forgotten about it. Anyone on here going to the Newbury rally tomorrow. It is nice and easy to get to as its at Newbury racecourse just north of the M4 on the A34. All being well I should be there in the morning. The weather is looking good for it too!!

Christopher Capener

Aub 22nd Jun 2019 7:35 pm

Re: Newbury radio rally tomorrow (23rd)

Hi,
Not going, but someone warned to be careful of roadworks and/or diversions that will be in place.

Have a good day.

Aub

Stockden 22nd Jun 2019 7:48 pm

I'll be there but the route is tortuous because yhe roundabout & motorway exit is closed. NADARS have published links to alternative routes on their web site.

Hugh

MrBungle 22nd Jun 2019 8:33 pm

Will be there. Look out for the Middle aged bald guy ;D

Stockden 22nd Jun 2019 9:11 pm

I'll be the one with very little hair, most of it on my face and all of it grey... ;D

Hugh

MrBungle 23rd Jun 2019 2:02 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Well that was an excellent one. I landed myself a working hefty HP bench supply, a broken tek 475, some tek service manuals, enough enamelled wire to last me out, some trim caps and a tek scope probe all for pittance!

Attachment 185553

Nearly bought a Codar transmitter as well but decided I'd stay away from the tubes today.

Sinewave 23rd Jun 2019 2:15 pm

Wasn't able to make this one, which is a shame.

Stockden 23rd Jun 2019 4:12 pm

Went well for me too. I disposed of quite a lot of junk., made some cash and came home with a small format PC and a Hebe. The latter item has earned me considerable credit :).

Hugh

MrBungle 23rd Jun 2019 5:16 pm

Doubly well for me now. The HP power supply works fine and the Tek scope had a shorted tant which I had in stock and needed a tidy up where someone had burned a couple of pads off fixing it. The scope and service manual together cost me £10 (!).

Best. Day. Ever ;D

Usually stuff I buy tends to explode immediately.

high_vacuum_house 23rd Jun 2019 6:00 pm

Only picked up a few lightweight things today (not usually like me!!)

Came back with probably several megafarads of big electrolytic capacitors and capacitor clips for next to nothing, some nixie tubes, some BA screws and some peculiar thermal delay relays in valve envelopes. Also bought a monitor with camera that produces some rather psychedelic colours at present (needs degaussing and setting up)

Christopher Capener