UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

electronicskip 11th Mar 2023 2:06 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to Northyorks1 for the suitcase radio!
Very pleased .
Thank you.

TrunkY1 12th Mar 2023 9:41 pm

Thank you to @robinshack for emailing over a Pye desktop microphone manual.

Restoration can now begin.

Icttutor 13th Mar 2023 6:50 pm

Many thanks due to Ken - Ambient Noise - for the Linsley-Hood Class A Amp and PSU and also to Nigel - Vinylspinner - for packaging and dispatching to me here in Wakefield.

Both gents an excellent representation of the generosity and spirit of this forum.

Very best wishes,

Martyn

DMcMahon 14th Mar 2023 6:10 pm

Many thanks to Courtney Louise for the 5" tapes that safely arrived today, look forward to trying them out.

David

Ted Kendall 15th Mar 2023 9:47 pm

Thanks to Paul Stenning for careful packing and swift despatch of Dawn Of Television CD set.

Philips210 20th Mar 2023 9:38 pm

Thanks very much to ScottishColin for kindly sending me the LED/LCD displays which will be useful for various logic circuit projects.

Regards,
Symon

paulsherwin 22nd Mar 2023 10:57 pm

Thanks to Bill (AC/HL) for the PATA HDs. They'll keep my reserve desktop system in a usable state for many years.

Graham G3ZVT 24th Mar 2023 3:36 pm

Many thanks to Clive (MurphyNut) for painstakingly restoring the Pye 47x scale and making the image available to us all.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...18&postcount=1

I printed it on the dye-sub machine at Tesco.

Attachment 275665

Attachment 275666

I've been after a 47x for two years, it was the radio that stood on our kitchen shelf when I was a toddler.

MurphyNut 26th Mar 2023 7:02 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1152 (Post 1546577)
Many thanks to Clive (MurphyNut) for painstakingly restoring the Pye 47x scale and making the image available to us all.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...18&postcount=1

I printed it on the dye-sub machine at Tesco.

Attachment 275665

Attachment 275666

I've been after a 47x for two years, it was the radio that stood on our kitchen shelf when I was a toddler.

Glad it was of use to you, these charming little radios are quite scarce now, glad yours is looking a little better with the scale.

tritone 28th Mar 2023 9:20 pm

A big thank you to Majex45 for the LAN items. Good stuff sir, :)

Chris55000 30th Mar 2023 10:32 am

My grateful thanks to "Woodchips" Bob for letting me have his Seetrax Ranger System 3 he no longer needs – I have made donations to the Salvation Army and the Lifeboats on his behalf for this!

(I was trying to get one of these for designing replacement vintage PCBs that the modern EDA systems aren't really suited for, because their libraries are predominantly surface–mount only! )

Chris Williams

Restoration73 31st Mar 2023 11:57 am

Very many thanks to "DrStrangelove" for the SERT Journals.

cathoderay57 31st Mar 2023 1:41 pm

Many thanks to Gabe001 who burned the midnight oil producing an LTSpice model of my stereo EL34 push-pull amp that enabled him to advise me on shelf filter component values that eliminated a VLF oscillation problem. Jerry

Philips210 31st Mar 2023 8:54 pm

Many thanks to Restoration73 for sending the ITT service manuals. It's good to have these for my collection of service information.

Best regards,
Symon

Philips210 31st Mar 2023 8:59 pm

Many thanks also to whiskas for sending me the mixed semiconductors. There are many useful parts. Half the fun is sorting them out. :)

Best regards,
Symon

DMcMahon 1st Apr 2023 9:41 am

A thank you to Rob (whiskas) for the Philips R2R knob set, the Philips R2R heads and the strap handle, arrived safely yesterday, all will come in useful.

David

Miguel Lopez 4th Apr 2023 6:50 pm

Thanks a lot to all the friends to donated parts and components for me. They are very apretiated.
An spegial and big THANKS to me friend Andy (aka Diabolical Artificer) for sending this parcel to me. Bless you Andy

williamsunique 5th Apr 2023 5:15 pm

Thank you to Rob (Whiskas) for the tapes. Much appreciated.

Paul.

deliverance 8th Apr 2023 10:25 am

Thanks Rob (Whiskas) for the CD all good .

greg_simons 8th Apr 2023 3:56 pm

I'm deeply indebted to Collisr and G60NEDave for their unstinting help in supplying a manual and spares for my philips 2000 vcr series restoration, more of which later on..
Greg.