UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Trevor 9th Feb 2023 11:37 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to Ed Dinning for the resistors great value and a wide range of values

Neutrino 10th Feb 2023 12:34 pm

Thanks to Peter for the Haigh (Matthews) Wobbulator & Timebase pcb that I received this morning.
David

Reelman 10th Feb 2023 5:46 pm

Thank-you Pete for the 52 set booklet, something I’ve never seen before and very useful for restoration. Much appreciated!

Peter

DMcMahon 10th Feb 2023 8:37 pm

Many thanks to Electronpusher0 (Peter) for the Haigh (Matthews) Wobbulator & Timebase PCB that safely arrived this morning. Looks good quality.

David

Bear2Biker 11th Feb 2023 3:53 pm

Many thanks and appreciation to Richard (Dickie) for sending me the Marconi TF966A info, it will help restore the one I've got.

Having a manual or even circuit diagram before you makes everything so much easier, so thanks again for sending it over.

Regards
PB

paulsherwin 11th Feb 2023 5:20 pm

Many thanks to Aub for the DN360T Youview box. It works well, and the remote has also saved my DN372T from being scrapped. Much appreciated.

Bear2Biker 13th Feb 2023 11:24 pm

Many thanks to WME_Bill for sending over the info for Marconi TF1331, It'll help me clean-up & restore the one I've got, without sides & very mucky, sadly nearly all knobs stuck so its going to be a very slow job but has valves & both the TX's seem okay. So thanks again Bill.

Regards
Paul Bottrill

tritone 18th Feb 2023 10:00 am

To Ed,

Many thank you's to you sir for the resistor 'goody bag'.

;)

tritone 20th Feb 2023 1:05 am

To Whiskas,

Thanks for the portable B/W TV sale (#26), much appreciated sir,
Cheers.

duncanlowe 20th Feb 2023 1:58 pm

Thanks to Guy (Nymrod121) for the USB caddy.

Paul Stenning 20th Feb 2023 7:14 pm

Thanks to vinylspinner for the Freeview box. It works well but confirmed that I can't get reliable Freeview reception here, and it only cost a few quid to find out.

wireman 23rd Feb 2023 8:29 pm

Thanks to robinshack for the clearout transistors, great packaging.

agardiner 25th Feb 2023 12:52 pm

Many thanks to Jerry, (Cathoderay57) for the AC/VP1 valve.

Cobaltblue 25th Feb 2023 1:03 pm

A big thank you to Andy (Diabolical Artificer) he really has helped me out with a B14A socket even removing the wires and cleaning pins of solder before sending. Its a perfect fit.

Way above the call of duty.
This is not the first time Andy has helped me out either.

Thanks Andy

Cathovisor 26th Feb 2023 11:56 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobaltblue (Post 1539195)
A big thank you to Andy (Diabolical Artificer) he really has helped me out with a B14A socket even removing the wires and cleaning pins of solder before sending. Its a perfect fit.

Way above the call of duty.
This is not the first time Andy has helped me out either.

Thanks Andy

I've known Andy for a while now and he's always been a gent.

Lucien Nunes 28th Feb 2023 7:50 pm

Many thanks to Anthony for the HV transformer and caps, which get me even closer to building a very serious audio amplifier project.

Reelman 28th Feb 2023 8:15 pm

A big thank you to Paul, our illustrious forum’s owner for the two hard drives that arrived safely to-day. They will allow me to revive a secondary PC damaged by the violent death of its PSU. The kind of generosity only found on this forum.

Peter

Cathovisor 6th Mar 2023 7:29 pm

I'd like to say a big "thank you" to greg_simons for the fine Garrard 2025TC that arrived today, safe and sound. Now I need a project for it but first a respray to get rid of the dratted "Dust Bug" patch!

Nymrod121 8th Mar 2023 6:05 pm

A big thank you to Greg (G.Castle) for the Sony Ericsson-compatible power supplier plus assorted adaptors which arrived safely today. Very well packed, too! :thumbsup:

Here are pics of it in action with my P800; I'll be attempting to revive the t39m a bit later.

Warmest wishes,
Guy

turretslug 9th Mar 2023 1:15 pm

Thanks to robinshack for the ceramic rotary switches and IC regulators- a neighbour saw the delivery driver hurling the parcel over the high side gate despite the prominent "FRAGILE" label, but Rob's generous use of bubblewrap meant that everything was in fine fettle within.

Colin