UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

ajs37 25th May 2021 10:15 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to Roger (RojDW48) for the Pioneer tuner - it is now installed and working well with my other audio equipment!

ajs37 28th May 2021 2:39 pm

Another big thank you to Greg Simons for sending me a complete KB Gaiety radio - very generous - Cancer Research will be getting a bit more money this month!
Thanks again Greg!
Andy

sobell1980 29th May 2021 9:02 pm

A huge thank you to Chris or known as unitelex. He organised, repaired and posted a speaker to me in 24 hours which will now complete the repairs to the Bush VHF61 I'm restoring. All Just for the cost of postage. Very generous. Without people like Chris and this great forum I'm sure lots of these projects and repairs would be a struggle to complete or find parts. This forum is such a great place for like minded people to repair vintage radio in a non profiteering way. Great thanks, Chris, for all your help and sending the speaker.

Dave

PYE 405 29th May 2021 9:35 pm

Many thanks to Neil29 for very kindly providing me with a mains dropper plus a LOPT with a suitable overwind for my RBM A640 set.

Reelman 29th May 2021 10:30 pm

Big thank you to cliff2903 for the various parts he sent very well wrapped this week.
Cheers Cliff!
Peter

Kevin Hoyland 31st May 2021 9:22 am

Morning.
A big Thank You to Turretslug Colin for helping me,:thumbsup:: people like Colin are outstanding.

Kevin

Keith956 1st Jun 2021 11:36 am

Thanks to Andy (Radioman) for the clip for the Centronics type socket. It fits perfectly.
Cheers,
Keith

Superscope 3rd Jun 2021 2:43 pm

Thanks to "Restoration73" for not only sending me a Crystal
discussed on my Thread, but sending it free of charge as well
and refusing to take anything for it.

A true Gent !

Ian

electronicskip 3rd Jun 2021 3:47 pm

Big thanks to M0AFJ, Tim for the Navico 2M Rig .
Very pleased with it.

TonyDuell 4th Jun 2021 3:00 pm

Thanks to Yestertech for the Magnetophon 85 tape recorder and the interesting chat this morning (the first technical chat I've had for 16 months!).

I'll probably start a thread in the appropriate section here when I get round to seriously working on the machine.

deliverance 8th Jun 2021 1:26 pm

Thanks to Wavey Dipole for the Heathkit RF1U which arrived this morning well packed .

Trevor 9th Jun 2021 7:29 pm

My thanks to Wavy Dipole and his gifting me the Phillp's meter
I have now received it and its smashing
So thanks !!!
Trev

unitelex 10th Jun 2021 9:37 pm

Many thanks to Keland UK for making some 3D printed parts for my Petrick switch, he did it so quickly and arrived by post the following day!

DMcMahon 11th Jun 2021 7:33 pm

My thanks to Chris Wood for the Marconi TF2700 Universal Bridge which arrived safely today, it was very well packed, look forward to checking it out later.

David

DMcMahon 14th Jun 2021 11:50 am

Many thanks to Rob (Whiskas) for the 20 cassette tapes that safely arrived this morning, extremely well packed, all look in good condition.

Looking forward to playing and using them.

David

Nickthedentist 14th Jun 2021 12:57 pm

Thanks to John_Dw for selling me a lovely Hacker radio, and posting it in "textbook" fashion; bubblewrap, double-wall box, polystyrene chips and another double-wall box. Obviously, it arrived unscathed :)

Reelman 14th Jun 2021 1:25 pm

Very big thanks to Stu, Gridrunner for the Unilab kit. Should prove a boon to our radio club’s less experienced members.
Much appreciated!

Peter

greg_simons 15th Jun 2021 3:51 pm

Many thanks in advance to chris5500 who has undertaken to replicate a damaged pcb for my project, I'm getting there with it now, there's a few folks who've contributed stuff over the last two years to to mighy brc 2000 beast, I'm grateful to you all.
Greg.

Bear2Biker 16th Jun 2021 5:01 pm

Thanks to WME_bill for taking such care in providing documentation for the Bradley oscilloscope calibrator 156 & AC calibrator 125C & additional info, all very helpful.

mole42uk 17th Jun 2021 5:39 pm

Huge thanks are due to several forum members, and especially G0HZU_JMR Jeremy, for patiently guiding me through the process of designing a pi filter for converting a TTL 1MHz square wave into a clean sine wave with enough power to drive a 50Ω co-ax test lead.