UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Radio Wrangler 23rd Sep 2020 10:30 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

The demagnetiser arrived surprisingly quickly and wrapped to survive being posted. I've been needing one of these for a long time. The extra was so Phil could have a pint on me (before 10pm, of course...)

Thanks,
David

Phil G4SPZ 23rd Sep 2020 10:44 am

:beer: :thumbsup:

davyrocket2 24th Sep 2020 8:02 pm

Hello ALAN-G3XAQ, many thanks for the Pye Fenman,2. It works very well and I am going to have a look at the aerial arrangement. In the block of flats we live in reception seems very good but there is a feed for radios so if I am able to connect to the rear of the Fenman it may even get better.

Many thanks for meeting me last Friday regards, David Grant.

Goldie99 25th Sep 2020 1:11 pm

Many thanks to Graham (Station X) for the dual cone speakers for refoaming - excellently packed, so all arrived safely, with no damage at all.

Regards,
Alan

turretslug 25th Sep 2020 3:48 pm

Thanks to Christopher Capener (high_vacuum_house) for first amassing a goodly collection of CRTs and then patiently proffering them on the forum- one appeared as though it might serve as a spare for my Hameg 'scope and be worth a punt and indeed proved to be an excellent order AEG unit with crisp display and oodles of available brightness when plugged in. Now to sort through the remainder of these obsolescent but fascinating relics! Thanks also for the other goodies from the loft.

Colin

Chris55000 27th Sep 2020 5:02 pm

Hi!

My gratitude to Member "Electrical" Stan who has furnished me with a lovely scan of the PM5515 Service Manual!

Chris Williams

davyrocket2 27th Sep 2020 6:35 pm

My thanks to Neil 29 ,for allowing me to collect the Phillips G8, getting home was a challenge but having researched all my train connections it did indeed go very smoothly and please say thanks to your mum about the info for the butchers shop and taking me there regards David Grant.

electronicskip 28th Sep 2020 12:49 pm

Thanks to Whiskers for the DVDs and thanks to G6 Tanuki for the PMR radios.

mickm3for 28th Sep 2020 1:27 pm

Thanks to dodgy-dxer for the ft243 xtals they arrived today Thanks again Mick

bc312 30th Sep 2020 2:29 pm

Many thanks to Ken (Radio Tech) for the acorn valves and ceramic holders which arrived safely today.
Regards
Mike

Tyso_Bl 1st Oct 2020 6:58 pm

Big thanks to Richard trh01uk for the multiturn pots,

Perfect for finishing off a couple of SPRAT inspired qrp projects

T

Goldie99 3rd Oct 2020 9:57 am

Thanks to pbengtech for the Zip Drive, which arrived safely yesterday.

Cheers,
Alan

Beardyman 3rd Oct 2020 10:00 pm

A great big thank you to cathoderay57 for providing a TH41 to get my Murphy A98 going again, I really can't thank you enough. Many, many thanks.

jonmiller 5th Oct 2020 7:28 am

Many thanks to Jeremy for dropping off the 1920s Repro set.

electronicskip 8th Oct 2020 2:46 pm

Thanks to davidh1041 for the CB PSU which arrived safe n sound today.

woodchips 13th Oct 2020 9:18 am

My thanks to RogerWalker for a significant pile of components and instruments.

SiriusHardware 13th Oct 2020 11:27 am

On behalf of all of the 'SC/MP gang' up in the Vintage Computing section, our sincere thanks to Karen Orton for pulling off the remarkable feat of creating a one-chip VDU add-on for a classic old computer in very short order.

As with all of her previous projects, this one will be admired and used for many years to come by like minded enthusiasts around the world.

Thank you, Karen.

Al (astral highway) 13th Oct 2020 5:20 pm

Big thanks to Graham (StationX) for the expert and superb machining/ tapping job on a finned heatsink for an IGBT module.

Also for going the extra distance and making stepped washers from brass.

This work is way beyond my skill level and it's great to have a result that will support the component as intended, mechanically and thermally.

terrybull 14th Oct 2020 8:43 pm

My thanks to Glyn aka Welsh anorak for supplying the windows disc I require.

electronicskip 17th Oct 2020 12:58 pm

Many thanks to steve.seven for the radios including an extra one i was not expecting! thank you.