UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

DMcMahon 19th Aug 2020 9:20 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thank you to whyperion (Ian) for supplying various reel to reel tape, I look forward to hearing what is recorded on them.

David

Phil G4SPZ 19th Aug 2020 10:06 am

Grateful thanks to Clive a.k.a. MurphyNut for sending, entirely free of charge, a small Murphy knob for the Black Country Living Museum’s Murphy A28 console radio. Very generous of you Clive, and it will enable the final touch to be given to a lengthy restoration project.

factory 19th Aug 2020 9:12 pm

A big thank you to WME_Bill for taking the time to pack & send the HP 180 series extender unit, should be very useful once I've ironed out the PSU faults with my 180A scope and for the 183B scope too.

David

Nickthedentist 24th Aug 2020 4:03 pm

A huge thanks to Barry for sending me an anonymous, but very nice little valve amp FOC.

Much appreciated!

Nick.

Reelman 24th Aug 2020 9:04 pm

Many thanks to Greg_simons for the Sinclair IC10 and completely FOC! I’ll try to make this one live longer than my previous ones...
Cheers,
Peter

G6Tanuki 29th Aug 2020 6:32 pm

Thanks to Captainpugwash for the little Belling-Lee antenna plug which fits my Bush VHF81 like a glove!

--Pete

AC/HL 29th Aug 2020 7:51 pm

Thanks to DonaldStott for the laptop RAM. He didn't want the postage refunded, so the National Media Museum got a donation on his behalf.

greg_simons 1st Sep 2020 7:05 pm

Many thanks to motorbike les who in addition to a bit of silver solder also found several other almost impossible to find small parts, and all for just the postage.
Greg.

1955APREN 7th Sep 2020 8:16 am

Thanks to G6ONEDave
He Kindly provided service manual for my pan TR5001g

Derrick

DMcMahon 12th Sep 2020 9:00 am

Many thanks to Pamphonica (Jeremy) for the various BTTT items I purchased and also some FOC items.

David

ben 12th Sep 2020 1:08 pm

Heartfelt thanks to G60NEDave for digging out the manual for the exact Philips TV I am trying to fix, and then providing me with high quality scans of it.

g4wim_tim 12th Sep 2020 7:46 pm

Many thanks to Roger G3VKMfor the crysal mic's.

73 Tim

woodchips 13th Sep 2020 11:05 am

Many thanks to Phil, goathanger, for sending the cassette deck.

Here, works, listening to cassettes.

It is amazing just how good a cassette sounds, no Dolby, 8 bit audio, a tape recorded in 1983 with Jennifer Rush, good stuff.

vinylspinner 14th Sep 2020 6:31 pm

Another big thank you to Phil, goathanger. The Phillips CD player is working beautifully in my workshop system and sounding very good indeed.

Thank you very much, Phil.

Nigel

Cobaltblue 18th Sep 2020 10:31 am

Just a quick thankyou to Eaglework for the very well packed Switch. It will do the job nicely :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

Cobaltblue 19th Sep 2020 11:05 am

Another big thank you to Nigel (vinylspinner) for the Router its already in service in the loft.

A very generous offer and arrived very well packed :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

paulsherwin 19th Sep 2020 11:15 am

Thanks to Nigel (vinylspinner) from me too for the router, which will be a useful upgrade from my ISP router. Arrived this morning.

FireballX 19th Sep 2020 2:27 pm

Thanks to Rob (whiskas) for the Dell 1525 I bought from him back in February. It’s been a lovely project since then doing little improvements like doubling the memory, replacing the hard drive with an SSD, treating it to a new battery and installing Windows 10. Runs beautifully and looks like new - and it looked pretty good to begin with!

Chris55000 20th Sep 2020 6:32 pm

Hi!

My grateful thanks to "High Vacuum House" Chris Capaner for offering the 106 and 191 Tek and picking me out as winner of these, for the purpose of repairing my 545A and 465B oscilloscopes, and the tray of oddments, there's some qood–quality sharp 4mm test–prods that'll come in handy for testing PCBs at work!

I haven't tested the generators yet but they're in lovely condition!

Chris Williams

Phil G4SPZ 23rd Sep 2020 8:55 am

A quick word to thank Dave (“Radio Wrangler”) for his generosity. He not only paid the full asking price for the item I was offering for sale on behalf of my favourite preserved railway, but he also added an extra donation and paid in advance of the item’s arrival.

Thanks Dave, it’s much appreciated!