UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

ekjdm14 26th Apr 2019 7:24 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks very much to David (Daveobuchanan) for the Sobell S337 which arrived this afternoon packed very nicely & in better shape than I'd dared hope.

And as Peter mentions above, I owe another David (captainpugwash) a further big thank you for the UL41 valve which arrived today in similarly free fashion and super fast too! This has to be one of the most Gentlemanly and pleasant forums there is going, whether in/outside the vintage electronics community.

Ambientnoise 27th Apr 2019 9:23 am

Thanks to greg_simons for the R53 thermistors. The packing was excellent and they are now on their way to those requesting one. The original box with 19/- on it was interesting too !

Ken

Goldie99 27th Apr 2019 2:09 pm

My thanks also to Greg (greg-simons) for the R53 thermistors, and to Ken (Ambientnoise) for forwarding me one.

Alan

greg_simons 27th Apr 2019 6:45 pm

Hi Alan and ken,
My pleasure to be able to help, yes indeed nineteen Bob was quite a lot of dosh in those pre decimal days.
Greg.

TonyDuell 28th Apr 2019 6:48 pm

A big thank-you to all the people who made today's sale at the BVWTM very enjoyable. The organisers did a great job as ever, and I also had some interesting chats with other people who came along.

I really enjoyed it!

gezza123 2nd May 2019 8:02 pm

To trh01uk (Richard) for the military Calibrator, I received today
Thank you Richard
Cheers gezza123 :beer:

Reelman 8th May 2019 1:47 pm

A very special thanks to kkyaho (Kevin) who spotted that I asked for some information 9 years ago. He took the trouble to ask if it was still required and then kindly sent me the manual and calibration tone for the Topward Wow/flutter meter. I now have a really useful piece of kit.
Thanks very much Kevin!

Davewantsone 12th May 2019 6:39 pm

Many thanks to Dave Moll for transporting the Roberts RT7 from NCVF to Wigan this afternoon.

Reelman 13th May 2019 11:12 am

A big thanks to Lloyd 1985 for bringing me some SCSI drives and the Mike Receiver yesterday at the NVCF. Now I’ll just have to dig out the appropriate SCSI connector - why were there so many variants?
Nice to meet you and the other identifiable members yesterday.
Peter

terrybull 17th May 2019 7:47 am

Thanks to Biggles for the small telescopic aerial posted free to me. Perfect.

Boater Sam 17th May 2019 9:38 am

A thank you to See-Mos for the knobs for the Pye 19A project, exactly what I needed, and for the 8BA nuts and trimming tool he made.
Sam.

Red to black 18th May 2019 7:23 pm

A massive thanks to Glyn aka Welsh Anorak :thumbsup:
for the Fergy/Thomson and Tatung service manuals he sent F.O.C cost of postage only.
Thank you Glyn, although I have only a fraction of the manuals I once had :(
these have filled a few gaps in the relatively few I do have.
Thank you very much once again :thumbsup:

John10b 19th May 2019 6:43 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to Paul Stenning for collecting a Pye Black Box for me from the NVCF and taking it to Cardiff, and storing it till one of my grandchildren picked it up, thank you Paul.
Cheers
John

HamishBoxer 20th May 2019 5:49 pm

Thank you mickm3for for the video head.

Regards,

David

ekjdm14 20th May 2019 7:09 pm

Thank You to Ian (Superscope) and his friend, for the Philips PM3200 'scope project. It arrived over the weekend in one piece and I'm getting into it's issues now.

Cheers,

jayceebee 20th May 2019 8:53 pm

A big thank you to Glyn, Welsh Anorak for the Ferguson feedbacks.

John.

Reelman 20th May 2019 10:44 pm

Many thanks to Kalee20 (Peter) for the litz wire that arrived today, will have some fun making coils by hand.
Cheers mate, was very good of you to offer it and pack it up so well.
Peter

Jolly 7 20th May 2019 11:26 pm

Much grateful for Kalee20's generous gift of the high quality litz wire that arrived today. It should keep me busy for many years to come.

Skywave 23rd May 2019 11:51 am

My thanks to Wavey Dipole for the Windows 7 ISO disc.
My thanks to Camallison for the Sony external FDD with a USB I/F

Al. / May 23rd.

David G4EBT 23rd May 2019 7:43 pm

Another big 'Thank You' to add to the list (Litz!) of those who benefited from the generosity of Peter, 'Kalee20' in packing and posting reels of Litz wire to fourteen forum members, (if I've counted correctly), myself included. Ordinarily Litz wire is quite out of reach for hobbyists such as ourselves, so it's a real 'windfall'!