UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Mikey66 20th Nov 2017 9:04 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

A big thank you to Simon (thermionic) for the radios.

Skywave 20th Nov 2017 11:11 pm

My thanks to Pamphonica (Jeremy) for the Hatfield 6-decade resistance box. As Jeremy mentioned, all the switches were indeed very stiff to rotate: all of those have been replaced. All the Rs. are 'on-spec.' as far as I can measure; every R is stated as 0.1% tolerance.
Overall, a very useful piece of kit for use as a calibration standard.

Al. / Nov. 20th.

fetteler 20th Nov 2017 11:32 pm

I'd like to say "Thank You" to Frank (frankmcvey) for sending me a back for a Colvern wirewound pot I am repairing. Very kind and thoughtful of you Frank and much appreciated.

Steve.

Reelman 20th Nov 2017 11:36 pm

Many thanks to Regentone001 for the two tape recorders. One has already provided the head cover to replace the damaged one I bought at Golborne.
Also was great to see the Avengers on 405 lines again, must be nearly 50 years ago since the last time! Good to hear the Regentone ‘gram as well.
cheers,
Peter

tim.norris 21st Nov 2017 11:40 pm

Thanks to Camtechman (Tony) For doing a super repair on a Bush VTR 103 Aerial , for the price of postage only , great job , Thanks.

Skywave 24th Nov 2017 8:36 pm

My thanks to Alistair D. for sending to me a copy of the manual for the Levell TM3 ยต-voltmeter. And on that subject, my thanks also to Kalee20 for sending to me that very item.

Al. / Skywave / Nov.24th.

deliverance 25th Nov 2017 3:21 pm

My thanks to Les (Tower Radio ) for the cards for my HSVT thanks again Chris .

Al (astral highway) 29th Nov 2017 6:26 pm

Thanks to Emeritus for sending me some Teflon covered wire FOC!

terrybull 1st Dec 2017 8:07 pm

My sincere thanks to David G4EBT who took a detour of a good few miles to drop me some magazines. Thank you David. Good to meet you.

sobell1980 2nd Dec 2017 8:50 pm

Huge thank you to Graham, one of the moderators for kindly sourcing me a 6P25 valve. Greatly appreciated. Arrived today. All working as should be so a great result. Thank you Graham.
Regards
Dave Smith.

The Philpott 2nd Dec 2017 9:12 pm

Thankyou to Chris (Herald1360) for the 10S/10614 leather meter case, which is in impressive condition, and now teamed up with my rebuilt 10S^46 avominor.

The nomenclature for military avo specs. at this time was quite varied, and either a Type H or a 10S^46 is a legitimate occupier of the case! (They are the same meter anyway..)

Pictured is the correct mode of insertion- it has been known for them to be shoved in 90 degrees out of synch., which makes them jam into the case. The correct method allows the leads to be rolled up and placed alongside.

Ta Chris!

Philips210 4th Dec 2017 5:49 pm

A special thanks to Al (astral highway) for sending me a 6CW4 Nuvistor to build the 136MHz Satellite converter.

Regards
Symon.

eddie_ce 4th Dec 2017 6:06 pm

Many thanks to G8KBG Tony for providing me with service information for a vintage TV which I am about to restore.

turretslug 5th Dec 2017 6:44 pm

Thanks to Mike (Cobaltblue) for passing on some rather nice old meters to me, including what appears to be a genuine aftermarket AR88 signal meter ("genuine aftermarket" does seem like an oxymoron, though).

Also thanks to Phil G4SPZ and another Mike (Gridiron) for effecting the transfer to RWB of a BC348 chassis for me (an item that would surely have 99% of the general public muttering, "Get rid of that grubby old junk- fast!"- but is actually a very useful source of some very specific spares including output transformer/filter choke module, power/mode wafer switch and 350k/20k ganged gain pot for the cosmetically good but incomplete set here). The meters and chassis gained the British Heart Foundation a donation.

With Mike Barker's entertaining-as-always piloting of the auction, Mike Lewis's usual eclectic and useful stall and a chin-wag with Mike Izycky, a day positively flooded with Mikes!

Colin

Herald1360 6th Dec 2017 1:39 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Philpott (Post 996303)
Thankyou to Chris (Herald1360) for the 10S/10614 leather meter case, which is in impressive condition, and now teamed up with my rebuilt 10S^46 avominor.

You're welcome!

Always good to see end use pictures as well :)

vinylspinner 6th Dec 2017 6:10 pm

Thank you to Andy ajs37 for the monitor, just perfect for my workshop. Thanks also for bringing it to RWB on Sunday.

Nigel

Herald1360 6th Dec 2017 7:32 pm

^^^

Seconded for the Tandberg music centre, ditto.

:thumbsup:

TowerRadio 6th Dec 2017 8:03 pm

a Big Thankyou to Frank McVey for the very impressive HSVT cards he made for me,Les (Tower Radio)

frankmcvey 7th Dec 2017 11:07 am

My pleasure, Les - thank you.

HamishBoxer 15th Dec 2017 3:08 pm

Many Thanks Graham(Station X) for fast safe arrival of the valves.