UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Radio (domestic) (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   French Radio Circuits (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=197954)

PJC58-Hythe 1st Feb 2023 8:47 am

French Radio Circuits

2 Attachment(s)
Over the last few months I have restored two French radios, a Gody-Amboise Chau and a Milde 541. There were no circuit diagrams for these anywhere so I traced out the circuit and created some. I have uploaded the Gody-Amboise to the radiomuseum site and I will do the same with the Milde at some point, but in the meantime I thought I would make them available here in case they are of interest.

stevehertz 1st Feb 2023 9:02 am

Re: French Radio Circuits

Did you notice any noteworthy differences or quirks compared to UK sets?

wireless_john 1st Feb 2023 9:03 am

Thank you Peter. Very nicely drawn too.

John

Sideband 1st Feb 2023 9:30 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevehertz (Post 1533120)
Did you notice any noteworthy differences or quirks compared to UK sets?

They both look fairly conventional to me. I see in the Gody, that grid bias is used for the EBL1. I think that was fairly common with diode output pentodes. I have several sets using EBL31 that have similar circuit configurations.

Good job on those circuits!:thumbsup:

sortedradio 1st Feb 2023 11:58 am

Nice work. I have saved these just in case!

Herald1360 1st Feb 2023 1:36 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting, thanks for your efforts. DocTSF would probably be interested in the same details as RM.

I presume they both have the usual GO, PO, OC and PU switch selectable functions with the coil pack details left out for clarity?

I would guess at 1940's for their date, possibly late '30's.

Any pictures? Is the styling suitably Gallic?

I've attached a pic of my (mostly) French corner.

vinrads 1st Feb 2023 3:34 pm

I also have saved the diagrams, thanks very much for taking time to draw them.

Mick.

PJC58-Hythe 3rd Feb 2023 2:57 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Chris, yes they do have the usual coil pack and GO, PO, OC and PU but to simply the diagram I haven't shown them all. Picture of the Gody after restoration.

Herald1360 3rd Feb 2023 4:06 pm

That's rather nice and quite understated stylistically compared to other offerings of the period. It still shouts FRENCH effectively!

Thanks for the picture :thumbsup:

G8UWM-MildMartin 4th Feb 2023 2:43 am

I do like the way you have drawn the circuits British-style so I can read them very easily.
The American ones usually had the HT coming from below the valves, and French ones tended to put the valves sideways as well, for extra confusion!