UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BVWS Bulletin winter 2020 (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=174735)

FIXITNOW 30th Dec 2020 2:26 pm

BVWS Bulletin winter 2020

mine has just turned looks like another great read
and a great calendar for 2021

Dave Moll 30th Dec 2020 3:32 pm

Re: BVWS Bulletin winter 2020

So there's still a chance mine might reach me by the New Year - if it arrives tomorrow. Even if it doesn't, I shall look forward to its arrival whenever.

Horris 30th Dec 2020 6:12 pm

Received mine today. Brilliant calendar. Looking forward to finding time to read what looks like another interesting read.

Dave

Paul Stenning 31st Dec 2020 1:04 pm

Mine arrived this morning too. Looks like a packed edition for the new year.

Dave Moll 31st Dec 2020 1:16 pm

So did mine. I had a quick flip through over breakfast and look forward to settling down for a thorough read later.

I look forward to seeing details of the forthcoming (paid-up members only) online auction mentioned in the Stop Press.

HamishBoxer 31st Dec 2020 2:28 pm

Nothing here yet but I await today's post.

Paul Stenning 31st Dec 2020 2:53 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Moll (Post 1325603)
I look forward to seeing details of the forthcoming (paid-up members only) online auction mentioned in the Stop Press.

It was literally a "Stop Press" too and is why the Bulletin is a few days late this time.

Of course when we said "later in January" we weren't expecting much of the UK to go into Tier 4, so it could start a bit later than that, once people are able travel to collect their items.

The important thing is that everyone has webpage URL and can check for updates. We will update it as soon as there is some news.

As noted on the insert, it is for paid-up members only, the same as auctions at BVWS events. So please renew ASAP by post or online at https://membership.bvws.org.uk/

Dave Moll 31st Dec 2020 5:37 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Stenning (Post 1325642)
Of course when we said "later in January" we weren't expecting much of the UK to go into Tier 4, so it could start a bit later than that, once people are able travel to collect their items.

Indeed! Never have the words of Robert Burns been so true that "the best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft a-gley".

Cobaltblue 31st Dec 2020 5:49 pm

Cracking Bulletin as always especially enjoyed the articles on the Pixie and the Portarama

Cheers

Mike T

HamishBoxer 31st Dec 2020 6:22 pm

Arrived safe and sound! Thank you all.

Ed_Dinning 31st Dec 2020 8:05 pm

Hi Paul, is there anyway to easily check one membership is up to date, I'd hate to miss a bulletin.

Ed

Dave Moll 31st Dec 2020 8:20 pm

If you renew on an annual basis, it is always due in January. If you are part way through a three-year subscription, I assume you don't get with your winter bulletin the renewal notice that your membership expires on 1st January, though as I renew annually, I cannot speak with certainty about this.

Reelman 31st Dec 2020 9:21 pm

If you are part way through a 3 year subscription then you will receive a membership information notice with the Bulletin. This informs that you have paid for 2021 and need not send any monies. A request to update membership information is advised.

Peter

Paul Stenning 1st Jan 2021 3:16 am

Just check the form with the bulletin, the one with your address. That will tell you. If still unsure (or you have already shredded or recycled it) email the membership secretary.

M0FYA Andy 1st Jan 2021 10:21 am

Mine arrived yesterday! I'll renew online today.

Andy

vinrads 1st Jan 2021 10:41 am

Mine arrived yesterday, just renewed on line with pay pal .Mick.

Guest 1st Jan 2021 10:58 am

Got mine yesterday, I put the calendar up early, it has a “pre trigger” display so it worked before 2021!

Valvepower 1st Jan 2021 7:08 pm

Hi,

Cracking Bulletin as always. Nice restoration article on the Perdio TV.

I know what with everything going on the RWB meet will be in balance, however, reading this was a glimmer of hope in these trying times.

Renewal on it's way....

Regards
Terry

Vintage_RC 1st Jan 2021 8:13 pm

Looks like another excellent read and a super calendar. Renewing online using Paypal was easy and quick.

kan_turk 5th Jan 2021 10:59 pm

Just got mine today - bumper issue - all the more welcome as I have a brace of Perdio Portaramas which have just made it to the top of my todoit pile - excellent article

Rgds to all
John