UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

ITAM805 31st Jul 2013 11:17 am

Re: The Thanks thread.

A big thanks to Andy aka, setsappeal for the transformer :thumbsup:

Andrewausfa 2nd Aug 2013 10:14 pm

A big thank you to Chris for the plug for my Ekco. Top chap.

Andrew

Nymrod121 7th Aug 2013 10:05 pm

Many thanks to Keith (KeithsTV) for donating an 'RS' multi-output mains transformer and 'APC' uninterruptible power supply.

The "FCS-via-family" arrangement was much appreciated! :thumbsup:

ColinTheAmpMan1 8th Aug 2013 2:39 pm

Big thanks to Lloyd 1985, mike newcombe and Welsh Anorak for advice on how to fix my iPod. More power to your elbows, guys!
Colin.

Nymrod121 11th Aug 2013 11:20 pm

Many thanks to Malcolm (G6ANZ) for the two storage 'scopes (HP, Tek), his kind hospitality and the fascinating explanation of his choice of avatar ! :)

Nickthedentist 13th Aug 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks to Paul Sherwin for sending me a nice valveholder FOC and very quickly!

Much appreciated

bc312 17th Aug 2013 10:40 am

Thanks to Keith (ctc15) for sending me the schematic of the Post Office Murphy Picture Monitor No.6A.

Very much appreciated Keith.

Andrewausfa 23rd Aug 2013 8:06 pm

Thanks very much to David for the Marconi voltmeter. David did a superb job packing it and was good chap to deal with :thumbsup:

Andrew

Phil G4SPZ 23rd Aug 2013 8:43 pm

Another "thank you" to PMM for an Avo schematic, sent within 24 hours of my posting a request. Fantastic!

MrCrabtree 25th Aug 2013 6:36 am

Massive Thank you to Robert Aka BobbyBall top guy with a wealth of knowledge that has supplied me with a very nice Hacker Record Player that allowed me to do some more kitchen dancing
thank you Pal ;D;D;D

ajs37 27th Aug 2013 11:20 am

Thanks to Tim (Studio263) for a B&O 2002 system - he even fixed it so it works before it was picked up! Brilliant
Andy

paulsherwin 29th Aug 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks to Alan Stepney who sent me a couple PC133 SODIMMs for one of my geriatric laptops.

beltinge bore 29th Aug 2013 5:27 pm

Many thanks to Peter in Seaford (PJL) for your help with the MW 36-24 tube. Heater tests OK so fingers crossed! Again thank you. A true Gentleman.

Kind Regards Steve.

Diabolical Artificer 7th Sep 2013 11:25 am

I would like to say thanks to Paul Sherwin for the Linux CD ROM.

Andy.

DragonForce 11th Sep 2013 1:09 am

Many thanks to Symon, Philips210 for the service sheet for my Ferguson 3T31 tape deck. Top man!

ColinTheAmpMan1 11th Sep 2013 1:08 pm

Many thanks to Paul Adams for an AVO battery compartment clip. Top man!
Colin.

dave walsh 2nd Oct 2013 8:46 pm

Many thanks to Alf for the Minmitter Receiver he has passed on to me.
Very unusual and interesting!
Dave W

Nickthedentist 2nd Oct 2013 9:31 pm

Thanks to Pamphonica for kindly transporting a radio and pre-amp from Harpenden to Oxford for me;

To Paul Stenning for the nice little RIAA pre-amp at a good price;

And to Crackle for remembering that I adored his Defiant radio, selling it to me for a very reasonable sum, and taking it to Harpenden.

I really do appreciate forum members' kindness.

Regards,

Nick.

Mikey66 3rd Oct 2013 9:37 pm

Thanks to Bobbyball & Murphymad for their help with my ITT and a thank you to Russell for bringing my lopty back oop north

Paul Stenning 5th Oct 2013 6:05 pm

Thank you to whoever put the assorted hi-fi equipment in the Harpenden bring and buy last weekend with proceeds to the museum. I bought two tuners and one of them, the Sony, is excellent. It must have been expensive back in its day, and I'm really pleased with it. The other one, the Kenwood, is very good too but I don't want two so it'll go in the WB B&B with proceeds again to the museum.