UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

vinylspinner 2nd Sep 2018 9:53 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Belated thank you to Mathew, aka BBCmicro, for the Denon amp. Also many thanks to Courtney for the collection and storage until I was able to collect.

Nigel

Mikey66 3rd Sep 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks to volte-face for the B&O remote and the other bits he kindly sourced.

HamishBoxer 3rd Sep 2018 5:25 pm

M0CEMDave Many thanks for Nag manual,certainly now overdue to get my 2M beam up!

woodchips 3rd Sep 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks to Malcolm for three 90's laptops, keep my DOS PCB layout program (Ranger) running for a little longer.

Great stuff!

bc312 4th Sep 2018 10:33 am

Thanks to Tony (Nukeybrown) for the 955 Acorn valve - a useful spare to my recently restored GDO.
Mike

MarkAT6 6th Sep 2018 3:10 pm

Thanks to Alan (SP15) for the HMV 2032 chassis he packaged & couriered to me.

1100 man 7th Sep 2018 11:36 pm

Very many thanks to VT.Fuse for the 4P1L he so generously sent me for the Volksempfanger project. He even included a valve base to go with it!
Very quickly sent and expertly packaged.
Once again showing the Forum at it's very best!

All the best
Nick

DangerMan 11th Sep 2018 8:05 pm

Very many thanks to Tim (Tim.Norris) for the Hacker AM board he kindly sent me.
Arrived safely and was fitted in double quick time. One very happy radio and so one very happy me.

Best Wishes

Pete

ITAM805 12th Sep 2018 12:08 pm

Many thanks to Graham (radiograham) for the BY100 diodes!

Reelman 13th Sep 2018 10:39 am

Many thanks to “Hammonds” for delivering some of his excellent tapes directly to my door. What service! Thanks again Dave.

Peter

Nymrod121 15th Sep 2018 6:09 pm

Many thanks to Station X for sending me a serial lead (with 9-way and 25-way D-type connectors) that I needed in order to make up an adaptor for data transfer between PC and American Power Conversion SC-620 Uninterruptible Power Supply. All perking worfectly (Q.E.D.)
Your help much appreciated, Graham :)

Kentode 18th Sep 2018 11:19 am

Thanks to David G4EBT for the minimod board and the lovely letter that came with it. Cheers!:beer:

Station X 18th Sep 2018 11:36 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nymrod121 (Post 1075395)
Many thanks to Station X for sending me a serial lead (with 9-way and 25-way D-type connectors) that I needed in order to make up an adaptor for data transfer between PC and American Power Conversion SC-620 Uninterruptible Power Supply. All perking worfectly (Q.E.D.)
Your help much appreciated, Graham :)

Guy.

Thanks for your donation to the BHF.

Chris55000 19th Sep 2018 6:05 pm

Hi!

My thanks to Jeremy for the Armstrong 500 Component Information which myself and those Members with Armstrong 400/500 series equipment will find helpful, and for offering me Scope Calibration Tackle at an excellent price I was happy to pay!

Also to Martin with his prompt offer of Sussex PCBs which I've now purchased, and all the other Members who've given me encouragement with a Valve Tester Project, and those who expressed their appreciation for my Circuit Symbols!

Chris Williams

1100 man 23rd Sep 2018 10:14 pm

Many thanks to Davidh1041 for bring me the Murphy V410 TV and for keeping it for me for so long: cheers David!! :thumbsup:
Good to see the Maestro out and about: I was going to come in an 1100, but the heavy rain made me change my mind:- not great on the M25!

All the best
Nick

TonyDuell 26th Sep 2018 2:17 pm

Many thanks to 'Top Cap' for the telephone fuses and tester. The fuses are the right ones that I was looking for and the tester looks interesting.

ben 3rd Oct 2018 12:20 am

Some long overdue thanks from me to: Graham (llama) for patiently hanging on to some cassette decks for such a while, and taking the trouble to pack and send them to me ; also hearty thanks to Andy (Diabolical artificer) for the tape heads he sent me.

All these items are being put to good use - or soon will be!

Nymrod121 3rd Oct 2018 8:36 pm

Many thanks to Mark (mark_in_manc) for kindly popping over to meet up with me at Didsbury and collecting a Bush record player destined for Ted (stumted2). Good to see you! :)

Pamphonica 4th Oct 2018 7:12 pm

And belated thanks to Colin (UKCol) who presented me with two complete Pam TB60 transistor radios at the Harpenden table-sale 10 days ago. This followed my usual regular plea for absolutely anything Pam/Pamphonic-related.
This kindly donation enabled me to replace a damaged knob on my show model and have a good chance of making up another worker in due course.
Thanks Colin!

Bufo Bill 7th Oct 2018 10:30 pm

Thanks to Unrealdave for taking my tape recorder to Harpenden, and to Duke_nukem (Jon) for bringing the recorder back to the West Midlands for me.
Bill.