UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

The Philpott 10th May 2022 3:43 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks Ben for the VCR, it's very low mileage indeed and has passed the Blackadder Goes Forth test, 3 episodes. (BBC VHS tapes were never great quality!)

Dave

mole42uk 11th May 2022 6:00 pm

Thanks to SeanStevens for carrying the 15kg Grundig from RetroTech to Bath where I collected it today.

deliverance 12th May 2022 2:12 pm

Thanks to g4aaw Pete for the choke just the job superfast delivery .

Mikey66 13th May 2022 11:18 am

Thanks to Superscope (Ian) for going to the trouble of packing & posting the little Toshiba telly for me.
It is really appreciated.

Reelman 13th May 2022 2:35 pm

Many thanks again to Lloyd (Lloyd 1985) for the slide projector he delivered to my stall last Sunday along with a matching microphone for an item he remembered he gave me ages ago. Good to meet face to face!

Unfortunately I forgot to mention I am also very familiar with the Dun Cow, Saturday night live bands and Sunday drinks in the 70s.

Thanks again and I hope your parents had a good day!

Peter

Craig Sawyers 16th May 2022 8:19 am

Many thanks to Stockden (Hugh) for the FOC Tektronix scope trolley - and his patience when I arrived to collect it from a pub car park over half an hour late!

Craig

DMcMahon 17th May 2022 3:31 pm

A huge thank you to Joe (joebog1) for the three 6GW8 valves that safely arrived today after their long journey from Australia.

They were totally FOC so extremely generous of Joe, it is much appreciated.

One of these is to relace a broken ECL 86 but it will be some time before I get around to it.

David

electronicskip 21st May 2022 5:05 pm

Big thanks to ronbryan for supplying a transformer for the Pye suitcase radio.

AC/HL 25th May 2022 8:03 pm

Thanks to Dave (dave_n_t) for the tuning capacitor and the B&S letters for my TR82C.

captainpugwash 26th May 2022 1:22 pm

Thanks to WaveyDipole for the Cakewalk cd which arrived today.
Kind regards,
David

HamishBoxer 26th May 2022 3:44 pm

Many thanks VinylSpinner for Zip drive and discs , works a treat.

Regards,

David

electronicskip 26th May 2022 6:09 pm

Thank you to Radio Tech for posting the Ocean Star radio to me.
Arrived all safe n sound today.

Radio Wrangler 29th May 2022 6:28 am

Thanks to Trevor and his folk for a great Scottish gathering yesterday.

David

gezza123 29th May 2022 10:32 pm

I wish to say a big thank you to (elanman99 ian), for the LLoyd Losaid II low frequency electromagnetic laboratory machine.

Also I would like to thank (Outrun_uk Kevin) for the collection/delivery of the above Item.
Thank you very very much and :thumbsup::thumbsup:to both of you .
gezza123

DMcMahon 30th May 2022 9:27 am

Many thanks to Patrick (patrickgnl) for the PDF User manual for the Telefunken Magnetophon 302 R2R.

David

Leon Crampin 1st Jun 2022 2:54 pm

Thanks to Richard (mole42uk) for a set of Smiths Bijou clock movement parts, sent completely FOC. A rather nice bakelite clock will now get a new fibre drive gear.

Leon.

Northyorks1 6th Jun 2022 2:40 pm

Thanks to Derek G0VDV for help with some of the valves I required. Arrived safe and sound very well packed.

Thanks Ian

stevied62 8th Jun 2022 9:28 pm

May I say a big thank you to one of the good guys of this world

I am a bit of a novice with regard to repairs of valve amplifiers, one of the reasons i joined here.

I had a Leak Stereo 20 that was in need of a repair and sent a PM to a guy known as snowman (Alan) who i saw was helpful in a few threads with regard to Leak Stereo 20's.

A few nights of emails and and advice of what to check off Alan I finally got the Leak Stereo 20 up and running and sounding great.

He’s a Top bloke:thumbsup:

m0cemdave 12th Jun 2022 7:23 pm

Many thanks to Jimbo for sending me scans of the (very hard to find) Supa-Tuta manual.

joebog1 14th Jun 2022 8:45 am

Thanks very much to David McMahon, who sent me unobtainium fuses for my Wee Megger. They arrived today in perfect order.

My best wishes David.

Joe

deliverance 15th Jun 2022 10:37 am

Thanks to Alan (snowman al) for the Jones plug and socket just the job.

Keith956 17th Jun 2022 7:43 am

Many thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for the HP85 bits and nice to say hello in person!

Craig Sawyers 17th Jun 2022 7:52 am

Many thanks to Rupert Bullock for collecting the Racal RA17 2nd VFO for me, and for a freebie of a BC221-T, which apart from excellent condition had a full set of spare valves and Allen wrenches.

Craig

Craig Sawyers 17th Jun 2022 7:57 am

And many thanks to to Ed Dinning who re-wound the output/oscillator transformer for another frequency meter (VHF one TS323-UR). Ed is a fabulous guy! No obscure transformer seems to be outside his capability to re-make.

Craig

Chris55000 22nd Jun 2022 11:09 am

Once again my very grateful thanks to David G4EBT for offering me first refusal on a "Purbeck" Oscilloscope mains transformer, CRT with μ–metal screen and base connector, three part–built original PCBs and some smaller spares, all at a very fair excellent price – they arrived very well packed this morning!

I can now write up the relevant Chapter 228, "The P.W. "Purbeck" Oscilloscope with no Display on the CRT" in Part 16 of my T & M Theory and Repair Book, "Real–Life Case Histories of Practical Faults Diagnosed and Repaired!"

Chris Williams

paulsherwin 22nd Jun 2022 11:53 am

Thanks to Richard (Dickie) for the meter probes, and Kevin (McMurdo) for the Maplin meter. Much appreciated.

cathoderay57 23rd Jun 2022 11:29 am

Many thanks to dougietamson for the EF86 sent just for postage.:thumbsup: Jerry

Mikey66 24th Jun 2022 8:08 am

A big thank you to Rob (Whiskas) for offering the Dell PC

deliverance 24th Jun 2022 11:14 am

Thanks to Glyn (Welsh Anorak) for the caps and boards just the job and for the extras it's appreciated cheers Chris.

Chris55000 28th Jun 2022 2:20 pm

Once again my grateful thanks to Peter g0rsq for emailing me some additional Racal 9081/9082 Diagrams and information!

Chris Williams

DMcMahon 29th Jun 2022 8:59 pm

A big thank you to David (David G4EBT) for the solder gun that safely arrived today, will put it to good use soon.

David

deliverance 1st Jul 2022 2:00 pm

Thanks to julesomega (Julian) for the cable Good stuff.

paulsherwin 1st Jul 2022 2:19 pm

Thanks to Norman Raeburn for the op-amp assortment. Lots to play with there.

Reelman 1st Jul 2022 4:38 pm

Many thanks to Junk Box Nick for the FireWire card, never used this technology before but have an iPod with the required cable.

Also to Meerkat for the Uher PSU, this will save the cost of buying U2s, sorry, “D” cells so well worth fixing.

Thanks once again gentlemen.

Peter

Miguel Lopez 1st Jul 2022 8:48 pm

A huge THANKS!!!!!!!! to my friend Andy (aka Diabolical Artificer) for kindly sending me several relays, as well as solder and flux (aspirine in this case)

Reelman 5th Jul 2022 8:32 pm

A big thank-you to Peter, pmmunro for the Ferrograph spares. Already got a use for a pinch roller on my Super 7.

Cheers!

Peter

peter_scott 5th Jul 2022 9:19 pm

A big thanks to Welsh Anorak and to SiriusHarware for identifying the EEPROM fault in my cheap modern television. https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...=191930&page=2

Much appreciated,

Peter

agardiner 6th Jul 2022 11:14 am

Many thanks to Radiomobile for supplying a vintage car audio plug.

John10b 8th Jul 2022 4:55 pm

Many thanks to Jon (JonSnell) for sending me output transformer foc, thank you Jon.
John

Sinewave 9th Jul 2022 12:52 pm

Thanks to Duncanlowe for the plugs! Some nice classics there for the collection.

Radio Wrangler 12th Jul 2022 8:51 am

Thanks to Ed Dinning for the SMT resistor folders.

and to Norman Raeburn for the mercury switches.

David

Reelman 13th Jul 2022 7:05 pm

A big thank-you to G6ONEDave for the catalogues and G8vsjDave for the components. Both arrived today. I think Dave/David must be the most popular name for our members!

When I was having to phone people to make appointments for Covid testing I would try and guess the age just from the names for a little amusement.

Much appreciated Gentlemen!

Peter

The Philpott 14th Jul 2022 8:41 am

...It seems that way...

Thanks from me also to G8vsjDave, for caps and some useful resistor values.

Dave

Reelman 14th Jul 2022 3:46 pm

Many thanks to David, Captainpugwash, for the tape spool boxes. Already been used.

Cheers,

Peter

wireman 14th Jul 2022 7:14 pm

Thanks to G6ONEDave for distributing a collection of documents and in particular the Farnell catalogues sent to me.

electronicskip 17th Jul 2022 3:03 am

Big thanks to duncanlowe for the radio scanner.
Will be put to good use.

Craig Sawyers 17th Jul 2022 11:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by wireman (Post 1484910)
Thanks to G6ONEDave for distributing a collection of documents and in particular the Farnell catalogues sent to me.

Seconded for the collection of Tektronix catalogues, free for the exceptionally reasonable cost of postage. Awesome!

sexton_mallard 17th Jul 2022 9:37 pm

Big thanks to John (unixmanuk) for the Ferguson 3660 (Thorn 1400) TV he had for sale. I am now the present custodian of this charming set.

Restoration73 20th Jul 2022 12:58 pm

Sincere thanks to David (qualityten) for the Garrard deck and packing it so well !

The Philpott 20th Jul 2022 4:10 pm

Thanks to Jon (Ti Pwun) for 3D printing some Avometer feet for me.

Dave