UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Websites (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Radiomuseum sort order (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181820)

PJL 10th Jul 2021 8:17 pm

Radiomuseum sort order

Does anyone else have problems with radiomuseum.org. The sort order used to be by date of manufacture but now appears random.

Nuvistor 11th Jul 2021 7:50 am

Re: Radiomuseum sort order

Just tried a search for Bush and then Pye. Both searches allowed me to sort by year, first page having the oldest.

PJL 11th Jul 2021 10:11 am

I see the problem on both desktop and mobiles so it is unlikely to be local to me. I am not a member so that may be the cause.

vidjoman 11th Jul 2021 10:15 am

Click on the blue ‘year’ column and it will sort in order.

Station X 11th Jul 2021 10:21 am

You can sort any column you like by clicking on its blue header. A pretty standard feature for lists.

ms660 12th Jul 2021 4:50 pm

I'm not a member, if I click on the year header it still shows them in a random year order on my setup.

Lawrence.

PJL 12th Jul 2021 10:18 pm

Lawrence, pleased to hear I am not alone...

vidjoman 12th Jul 2021 10:28 pm

I'm not a member but it worked for me. Maybe it's to do with different browsers - just a thought.

Nuvistor 13th Jul 2021 8:27 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidjoman (Post 1389743)
I'm not a member but it worked for me. Maybe it's to do with different browsers - just a thought.

Could be browser related, still worth doing the usual browser cache etc clear outs, before changing browsers, clears many problems, I seem to say this a lot but most times it works.

ms660 13th Jul 2021 11:46 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJL (Post 1389738)
Lawrence, pleased to hear I am not alone...

I first noticed it quite a while back, it makes trawling harder, could post some screenshots but there wouldn't be much point.

I also tried searching between specific years....1930 to 1960...Ekco...Radios only, same again...all over the shop in terms of year order.

Lawrence.

Station X 13th Jul 2021 11:59 am

I just tried it using MS Edge.

It works fine regardless of whether I'm logged in or not. It could just be using a cookie to determine whether I'm a member though.

Nuvistor 13th Jul 2021 2:05 pm

I am not a member but there is a difference between the simple and advanced. The simple one returned a list that I could sort by the year, on trying the advanced search it didn’t allow and the listing was random.
I only tried the simple search on my first post.