UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Herald1360 19th Aug 2017 1:24 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Big thanks to John, GW4FRX for coffee and a cookie at Dobbies near Shrewsbury.

Oh, and the little Sony TV too ;D

Seems he was working with and only a few miles away, from my then employer's products more or less contemporaneously with my time in Bracknell. He also knew the term "Dim MANWEB"- perhaps the first person I've met since I left Bracknell who did!

eddie_ce 25th Aug 2017 4:59 pm

Many thanks to Richard (mole24uk) for his generous offer of Ge-transistors.

Refugee 25th Aug 2017 11:30 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddie_ce (Post 970663)
Many thanks to Richard (mole24uk) for his generous offer of Ge-transistors.

Again for me too.
The post office "got" a couple but I still have a couple to play with.
I will be able to get some very good close ups with my new digital microscope and try them on my transistor test sets one new and one from the 1970s.

terrybull 31st Aug 2017 5:37 pm

Thanks to the mods for sorting out my mess up when I changed email address.

Reelman 1st Sep 2017 8:33 pm

Many thanks to slatermethuen (Andy) for the very large number of Hi-Fi magazines he has given me today. We both had concerns over the car's suspension for the journey back but fortunately our fears were unfounded despite the best efforts of the enormous Nottingham speed bumps!
In addition the Tandberg recorder is in beautiful condition and am looking forward to its restoration.
Thanks again,
Peter.

GW4FRX 11th Sep 2017 4:34 pm

Massive and profound thanks to Dave Wells M0CEM for the very rare transistors needed to revitalise a Radford amplifier. Thanks to him there's now a good chance of it all coming back together when all appeared lost.

The amateur spirit at its best.

Vy 73 de GW4FRX

Skywave 13th Sep 2017 10:32 pm

My grateful thanks to Kev (Outrun_uk) who collected a Philips VTVM for me in Liverpool and sent it on to me via courier. Kev's packing of the parcel was par excellence.

Al. / Sept. 13th.

Herald1360 14th Sep 2017 11:40 am

Many thanks to Nickthedentist for (decluttering his house) his generous gifts of a Freeview set top box, freeview LCD telly and a freeview HDR. ;D

My new house will now have a main telly and a bedroom telly. Bedroom one will be the little Sony CRT one from GW4FRX of recent mention with the STB.

llama 15th Sep 2017 9:45 am

Huge thanks to everyone suggesting a fix for my Panasonic DVD recorder, especially "Red to Black" for the complete set of documentation which allowed me to find my way around the machine and thereby fix it.
Graham

Oldelectronics 16th Sep 2017 7:39 am

A very grateful thank you to Tim Norris for the Maplin 10 section aerial which he kindly fetched from Maplins and sent to me.And would only accept a donation to a cancer charity next time I am in town.

Great aerials its just a pity Maplin no longer have warehouse stock as they just drop in I used heat shrink (3 layers) instead of the top grommet as the aerial wouldn't go through that grommet or any others I had that would fit in the hole where the grommet goes and I didn't want to drill the chassis or front panel holes in an effort to make them larger.

Kev

mole42uk 16th Sep 2017 11:36 am

Many thanks to both the Martins (Dekatron and G8UWM-MildMartin) for the new PSU design and PCB for the Sussex valve tester.

Craig Sawyers 16th Sep 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks to Ian Rose for a superb Sullivan Megohmeter which has found me as the new owner FOC (and very reasonable shipping).

Cheers Ian!

GW4FRX 18th Sep 2017 7:14 pm

Grateful thanks to Alistair D for sending the Harwin stepped pins that turned out to be ideal for making PCB connections to drilled 1/16in holes. They fit perfectly and could almost have been made for the job.

This forum restores one's faith in human nature :)

CambridgeWorks 21st Sep 2017 4:31 pm

Thank you kindly to Nickthedentist for sending me foc the HP338 black cartridge. I will certainly make a donation to a charity box.
Rob

electronicskip 21st Sep 2017 9:50 pm

Thanks to stevehertz for the two Akai video cameras.

Craig Sawyers 27th Sep 2017 11:09 am

Thanks to Rob (Whiskas) for the Tenma sig gen - really useful bit if kit, Cheers

Craig

eddie_ce 28th Sep 2017 5:01 pm

Many thanks to Michael (yesnaby) for his generous gift of authentic wander plugs.

Once again, this wonderful forum has come up trumps. :wave:

Craig Sawyers 30th Sep 2017 9:13 am

Thanks to Ian Rose, who worked out that I have an interest in slide rules - and just sent me one.

Cheers Ian!

Andrewausfa 7th Oct 2017 3:38 pm

Huge thanks to Scottart (Stephen) who drove up and met me halfway with an oscilloscope. Super chap.

:thumbsup:

Andrew

Boater Sam 9th Oct 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks to Mike, Dual Standard, for the drawer units to help tidy my workshop.
Collecting very late was fun in the dark of the countryside!
Sam.