UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

oldticktock 25th Oct 2010 8:17 pm

The Thanks Thread

Just thought I would like to say a big thank you to forum member GrimJosef.

A silent stalwart of the FCS who has for the second time this year helped me along with many others, with many items.

His car is always bulging to the brim, also an even bigger thank you to Mrs GrimJosef for putting up with all the diversions and a car full of smelly old Tellys ;)

GJ is a modest chap and I hope he does not mind public praise, for without the efforts of people like GJ and other FCS helpers where would we all be. So I raise my :beer: to you GJ and all the other unsung helpers who support this excellent community service many thanks

Kind regards
Chris

Mikeymushradio 25th Oct 2010 9:04 pm

Re: The Thanks thread.

Seconded! Many thanks from me GJ.

Mike

PJL 26th Oct 2010 8:13 am

GJ, I can't thank you enough for the transport of the RA17L and delivering it to the doorstep is beyond generosity.

I hope I can return the favour some time.

Damo666 27th Oct 2010 7:56 am

@Moderators; Would you be so kind as to allow a sticky thread indicating thanks to the selfless members here that trade/bend over backwards to assist persons like myself here?
In my opinion it'd be a great addition to the already wonderful forum.
I've got numerous people that i'd like to thank, hence the post.
All the best,
Damian.

Tim 27th Oct 2010 10:25 am

Seconded

dallaslaff 27th Oct 2010 10:37 am

Hi, I agree with the point about the selfless help and advice given out by members of this forum, it is indeed praiseworthy. But, I think each thread can be ended with a thank you to the contributors, who are the people most likely to be following it. I'm a sad git who reads all of the threads/posts, even if they are outside of my interest area, a lot of people only browse specific topics. I just wonder who would look at this thread to find out who's thanking who and for what.
Just my two pen'orth.
Les

MichaelR 27th Oct 2010 10:43 am

Some forum software packages have a means for a member to send a thank you acknowledgement to another member. The acknowledgement appears in the area where the receiver's Avatar is displayed.

Regards,
Mike

Damo666 27th Oct 2010 10:44 am

Further to my post; I'd like to announce my thanks and gratitude to the following members; Richard, thanks for the honest and swift transaction re' my request on the wanted section. And finally - Jason Pero, for instructing me re' the tool I require for aligning a component in the Vintage amateur radio sub forum.
Without Jasons assistance, i'd still be stuck on square one.
All the best,
Damian.

oldticktock 13th May 2011 7:36 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to a whole raft of people who have provide all sorts of assistance be it with technical help, tracking and providing elusive items, data, equipment transports and general words of encouragement and even the odd kick in the pants when needed.

I won't name you all, you know who your are and how you have helped, my heart felt thanks go out to you all, a great community.

I hope to follow by your example.

Chris.

HamishBoxer 16th May 2011 10:56 am

My Thanks go to Jeremy and Chris for arranging collection/delivery at the NVCF on Sunday.

Regards David

MALC SCOTT 26th May 2011 9:01 pm

Big thanks to David Boynes (FERNSEH) for collecting a huge 25 inch Ferguson dual standard ctv for me from the NVCF. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

60 oldjohn 26th May 2011 11:41 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to Trevor and Dave moll for transporting the JVC videosphere for me to collect at the NVCF. Thanks again John.

GrimJosef 8th Jun 2011 9:51 pm

Just to say a public "thank you" to Doug_h for the TCC PIO capacitors which he gave away in this thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=70217 (now closed) and which I picked up today. I'm already matching some of them to projects I have in mind ;D !

Cheers,

GJ

davidw 9th Jun 2011 10:43 am

A BIG thankyou to Peter (Chaparel) in Germany who has kindly sent me the details I needed re my signal generator. Thanks Peter.

gezza123 11th Jun 2011 10:44 am

Hi,

I Wish to say a big thanks for the speedy supply of some valves from Pamphonica/Jeremy and the excellent service that he provides.

Thank you Jeremy.

HamishBoxer 14th Jun 2011 10:42 am

Think thanked one member already via PM, but thank you Trevor for getting the A34 to yours. Will certainly get it moved Sat.

Regards,
David

Station X 15th Jun 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks to Craig TriMan66 for transporting two radios from Durham to Cambridgeshire.

I understand that Craig has two other radios from the same source for forum members.

Cobaltblue 5th Jul 2011 9:25 pm

Speaker Generosity at WB

A few months ago Angela offered some speakers on the Forum see here
I am please to say that these proved very popular at the Wotton Bassett meeting on the Bring and Buy.
Many a set will have a nice replacement speaker through her generosity. :clap: around £30 has been donated to the museum to date. The exact figure is unknown as some donations made directly to Museum.
I think everyone would like to thank Angela and all those who made donations.
Have Fun :thumbsup:
Mike T

G4XWDJim 6th Jul 2011 6:02 pm

I think I should publicly thank Tuning Indicator for selecting me as the winner of the Bakelite Polish Raffle.

It's the first raffle I've ever won and I was a bit slow in noticing that I was the winner. So slow in fact that the thread was closed before my very eyes, hence my entry here.

Thanks again, it'll come in very handy with a grotty Phillips I must make a start on.

Jim

TuningIndicator 6th Jul 2011 9:22 pm

Very kind of you, to mention me in despatches.
Happy polishing!