UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Nymrod121 31st Oct 2014 3:58 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to John_BS for sending me the 'Jupiter' function generator :thumbsup:
Best wishes
Guy

threeseven 2nd Nov 2014 11:39 am

Many thanks to trh01uk for the HP 608C sig gen and a very interesting chat.

Nymrod121 3rd Nov 2014 1:04 pm

A big thank you to Al (Skywave) for letting me have a couple of absolute classics: Airmec 201 / Advance J2.
Your 'notes and sketches addenda' to the Airmec manual are very helpful, thanks!

Cheers Al :thumbsup:

Guy

Skywave 3rd Nov 2014 4:06 pm

And that "thank you" is reciprocated, Guy. I hope that those two items serve you well. It was a pleasant meeting in my workshop. As I have discovered many times before when meeting 'radio people', it is surprising how many are the same paths we have trodden, employment-wise, over the years. Perhaps we can trade again one day.
TTFN,
Al. / Nov. 3, '14 //

Ti Pwun 5th Nov 2014 8:09 pm

Many thanks to Guy (Nymrod121) for the Compaq riser card.

Outrun_uk 6th Nov 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks to maninashed (Bill) for the Television magazines which he very kindly brought up to Golborne last weekened.

Nicklyons2 7th Nov 2014 11:41 am

Many Thanks to 'Brunel' for the three radios I collected yesterday,

Best Wishes, Nick

HamishBoxer 7th Nov 2014 8:01 pm

Many Thanks Rob for going to the trouble of packing and sending the signal strength meter.

Regards David

Skywave 9th Nov 2014 12:17 pm

My thanks to the moderating team (or one particular moderator) who responded to my request to relocate a post I made about ATX PC PSUs to a more appropriate location: vintage computers.

Al. / Nov. 9, '14 //

medge799 18th Nov 2014 8:48 pm

Hi all,

A quick thanks to Ti Pwun for sending me a new dropper resistor! That's another old radio saved...

Ta,
Mark

GrimJosef 19th Nov 2014 11:15 pm

Let me say a big thank you to Steve (regentone001) for the deck he's let me have https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=111271 and also to Mike (Cobaltblue) who's diverted from his journey home to transport it across to me. Gents, I am very grateful :thumbsup:.

Cheers,

GJ

Ti Pwun 20th Nov 2014 2:12 pm

Many thanks to David (David G4EBT) for the various ICs. Very much appreciated.

G4XWDJim 20th Nov 2014 5:48 pm

Many thanks to John, Radiotechman for locating a missing R1155 component for me from one of his non forum member friends.

Jim

crudmeister 20th Nov 2014 11:07 pm

Thank you to all of the chaps who have been buying my surpluses.
I think we've all bought too much in the past and I'm very guilty of being a bit of a hoarder!
I try to price most of it pretty cheap so you fellas get to re-stock your drawers at a bargain price.

Anyway, this clearout is helping me undo a bit of that over-buying habit and is helping me make much needed space in my workshop, so I can get on with some restorations this winter!
Thanks, guys.. :)

Nymrod121 22nd Nov 2014 11:04 pm

Many thanks to Rob (crudmeister) for the TIP3055s. Fast despatch and very well packed - thank you :thumbsup:

ChristineBriz 23rd Nov 2014 9:10 pm

Many thanks to forum member theoldtrout for fixing the amp on my Grundig radiogram . Great service :)

Mikey66 29th Nov 2014 5:40 pm

A big thank you to Bill (AC/HL) for the valves for my little Teleton portable

Cobaltblue 29th Nov 2014 6:01 pm

Thanks to Steve (regentone001) for the two Regentone sets which are now with Barrie and he seems very pleased with them.

Thanks Steve!

Cheers

Mike T

Ti Pwun 3rd Dec 2014 11:39 pm

Big thanks to Rob (crudmeister) for the wire and the diodes.

Freya 4th Dec 2014 1:17 pm

A big thanks to Rob for his generous box of capacitors :clap:

Mikey66 10th Dec 2014 1:53 pm

My box of caps has just arrived so I would like to say thanks to Rob (crudmeister). A nice selection in there :thumbsup:

mole42uk 10th Dec 2014 10:08 pm

Big thanks to Rob (glowinganode) for an absolutely marvellous power supply. 500 volts at half an amp should be more than enough for anything! And so clean.....but so heavy!

Radio Wrangler 10th Dec 2014 11:12 pm

Rob, Crudmeister has excellent taste in components, and packs things very well indeed.

Thanks!

David

Nymrod121 10th Dec 2014 11:55 pm

Many thanks to Studio263 for offering me his Sony CCD-50E video-camera, complete with carry-case, operating manual and lots of accessories. All in excellent condition and this evening, Mrs Nymrod121 and I were able to play back tapes of family events that we'd thought were lost forever following the failure of our previous camera. Bless you, Tim :)

dave walsh 11th Dec 2014 1:52 am

Having read the previous post from Mr Elgar, I think I should formally thank Gerry [Gezza] and Jon [Jonster] who performed the same service for myself [even though I have mentioned it in the past]. Their generosity is much appreciated and like Nymrod, I only continue to be able to recover invaluable family archive material as a direct result of their help. I've met Tim and apart from being an amazing tech wizard, he is also a very generous and helpful individual. I'm trying, in a small way [like others] to maintain this ethos on the Forum. It's major strength I suspect;).
Dave W

turretslug 12th Dec 2014 6:14 pm

And another thankyou to Rob (crudmeister) for the excellent and eclectic recent offers of components, a great use of the forum's reach,

Colin

stumted2 14th Dec 2014 7:07 pm

Can I add my heartfelt thanks to forum member Mike Fulton for his very kind gift of assorted rubber grommets. Despite the fact that I wished to reimburse Mike for the grommets and postage, he refused point blank to accept payment of any kind, not even for postage and packaging.
His view being, that in the past, he had received help and parts at no cost to himself, from like minded forum members, and was continuing the tradition of repaying their kindness by helping me in the same spirit.
His only request, was that I too continue the kindness displayed by forum members, by trying to help others in the same way.
So once again Mike, a million and one thanks for all your very much appreciated help and kindness, you truly are, a star amongst stars.
All my kindest regards,
Ted.

mole42uk 15th Dec 2014 7:52 am

Many thanks to:

David (RadioWrangler) for the AVO generator
Rob (Crudmeister) for the capacitors
Fred (Little_Freddie) for the Marconi test set

Wonderful stuff!

Nymrod121 15th Dec 2014 10:11 pm

Many thanks to Nicklyons2 for the ILP toroidal transformer. This came along at exactly the right time - I'm building a dedicated 44.6v regulated power supply as a test rig to help in fault-finding on my HP8640B signal generator.
Cheers, Nick :thumbsup:

Ti Pwun 16th Dec 2014 2:32 pm

Big thanks to David (daviddeakin) for the electronics magazines and to Martin (martiR2R) for getting them to me. My son will be very pleased and I can't thank you enough.

Steve_Bell 16th Dec 2014 11:09 pm

Thanks to Rob (Crudmeister) for the capacitor clips. Nice quality.

Nymrod121 18th Dec 2014 8:03 am

Many thanks David (G4EBT) for the 2m P.A. kit, also Andy (Dr Wobble) for the Apollo loudspeaker stands - cheers, chaps! :thumbsup:
Best wishes
Guy

thomass 20th Dec 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks to Rob (Crudmeister) for the TTL Data book which arrived safely

Ti Pwun 23rd Dec 2014 7:07 pm

Big thanks to Rob (Crudmeister) for the caps and battery snaps - much appreciated.

julie_m 24th Dec 2014 7:30 pm

I'd like to thank paulsherwin for mentioning the Android app "Hacker's Keyboard"! I've just installed it. It makes ConnectBot even more usable, with dedicated CTRL, ESC and ALT keys -- essential for some text editors .....

Skywave 24th Dec 2014 10:47 pm

Since this is the 'Thanks Thread', I'd like to use this opportunity to say "thank you" to everyone who has used my repair and renovation services in 2014 and to wish you all a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.

Al. / Skywave / Dec. 24 2014 //

vinylspinner 27th Dec 2014 11:30 am

A big thank you to Richard (mole42uk) for the Uher report tape machine, also many thanks to Trevor (trev757) for collecting it for me.

thanks guys.

Nigel

vinylspinner 27th Dec 2014 11:34 am

Many thanks to Adam (PsychMan) for the Sony md deck, just what I needed for spares.

Thanks you Adam.

Nigel

samjmann 31st Dec 2014 5:35 pm

Hello everyone,

Just a few words to say thanks to everyone who's offered help to me over the last year. Without exception all the replies and comments are polite, even when the answer is straight forward.

Regards, SJM. :)

HamishBoxer 31st Dec 2014 8:53 pm

I would like to thank Paul and the other moderators for making the group what it is.

For all those who helped with advice ,taken time to post bits etc and of course all members I wish you all a Happy Healthy Peaceful New Year.

Long may your filaments burn but not out!

Mikey66 1st Jan 2015 1:35 pm

A big thank you to Keith, aka KeithsTV, for the TX9. It has filled another gap in my Thorn collection

longneck90 1st Jan 2015 10:12 pm

I would like to thank all the radio people who helped me and gave me information and advice through this forum over the last year. I don't know where I would be without such help. One forum member even sent me a complete chassis, when I only needed a variable tuning capacitor. To you all I say many thanks, and wish you all a very healthy, happy and peaceful New Year. John.

vinylspinner 15th Jan 2015 8:54 am

Many thanks to Barry (Audio1950) for the spindle, should be perfect for my little Lenco project.

Thanks Barry :beer:

MarkAT6 15th Jan 2015 11:17 am

My thanks also to Barry (Audio1950) for the other (i.e. Garrard AT6) spindle.

Mark

HamishBoxer 16th Jan 2015 12:28 pm

Many Thanks to Mike (cobaltblue) for the scans and the speed sent.

Regards David

McMurdo 18th Jan 2015 11:38 pm

Thanks to Peter (pmmunro) for the diagrams and expert advice

Nymrod121 19th Jan 2015 3:10 pm

A big 'thank you' to _Clint_ for posting off the '10 heatsinks' so quickly ... and an extra goodie-bag as well! :thumbsup:

All these are really useful and the timing couldn't have been better, as I've got a little project on the go to build myself a variable-voltage bench power supply.

Super job! ;D

Best wishes
Guy

Vectrolosys 20th Jan 2015 3:04 pm

Many thanks to dazzlevision for the Ferguson TX9 Stereo set that I picked up on sunday, and also for showing me his envious collection of British sets.

A pleasure to met you, and I am over the moon with the TX9, I have been after one for a number of years.

Best Regards,

James

trickie_dickie 22nd Jan 2015 8:50 pm

Many Thanks to Rob (crudmeister) for the delivery today of the Reel to Reel tape recorder. Thanks also for wrapping it so well. :beer:

Richard

paulsherwin 22nd Jan 2015 8:57 pm

Thanks to Nick (Nickthedentist) for ordering a capstan belt for me.