UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Next BVWS Bulletin (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=142305)

1100 man 19th Dec 2017 11:11 am

Next BVWS Bulletin

Good morning,
Are we expecting one before Christmas? I must confess, I never know when they should arrive but dad asked me yesterday, so I said I'd find out!
Many thanks
Nick

audiomagpie 19th Dec 2017 3:06 pm

Re: Next BVWS Bulletin

Hello Nick

The feature packed Winter Bulletin and the 2018 BVWS calendar are due to be posted out from the printers by tomorrow.
Fingers crossed that they'll be dropping on doormats before Christmas!

1100 man 19th Dec 2017 3:56 pm

Excellent!! Thanks for the information, Greg. I shall look forward to it :)
Many thanks
Nick

Guest 19th Dec 2017 4:11 pm

For once I may delay the opening for Christmas morning, another present!

Boater Sam 20th Dec 2017 3:19 am

Boo Hoo, I won't get mine till the end of March.

kalee20 20th Dec 2017 3:55 am

I'm looking forward to this!

Stockden 22nd Dec 2017 11:55 am

Mine arrived in this morning's post!

ukcol 22nd Dec 2017 12:17 pm

1 Attachment(s)
My copy has just arrived. I have had a quick look at the contents list and there is plenty there to keep me amused in quiet moments over the holiday period.

John M0GLN 22nd Dec 2017 12:34 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockden (Post 1001829)
Mine arrived in this morning's post!

And mine, another excellent copy with calendar, thanks to all concerned.

John

chriswood1900 22nd Dec 2017 1:15 pm

My Christmas is complete my bulletin made it to Bristol, Great.
Thanks to all for their efforts
Chris

raditechman 22nd Dec 2017 2:02 pm

Pleased to report that my copy arrived this morning, (Friday 22nd Dec.).

Nice that on line subscription renewals are now available. Will do mine directly.

John

HamishBoxer 22nd Dec 2017 2:14 pm

Just arrived this minute! Thanks again to all.

David

Paul Stenning 22nd Dec 2017 2:21 pm

Mine has arrived in South Wales this morning too. Looking forward to reading it over Christmas.

Please note that online renewals (payment by PayPal or credit/debit card) are now available at membership.bvws.org.uk and online voting for the Pat Leggatt award at vote.bvws.org.uk. Details are on the inserts with your bulletin.

Online renewals and voting will certainly help with the committee workload, especially was we are currently without a membership secretary (anyone interested in taking on this role is welcome to contact the chairman). It should be quicker and easier for members too.

We have already had seven online membership renewals this morning, thank you. No votes yet, but of course you all need to read the Winter issue before deciding. I have spent the last couple of months working on these systems so am pleased to see them being used.

ukcol 22nd Dec 2017 2:36 pm

Thanks Paul for providing the convenience of paying on line.

Guest 22nd Dec 2017 3:24 pm

Mine is here too, just in time as the old calendar is about to run out! Looks a good read (they all are) I must wait until all the festive carp is over and then have a very relaxing time reading it cover to cover.

Paul Stenning 22nd Dec 2017 3:28 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Photo of the bulletin and calendar attached.

I forgot to mention that you can also renew or sign up for British Vintage Wireless and Television Museum Friends donations along with membership online renewals. The Museum Friends membership (at £10 per year) will be the same length as your selected BVWS membership.

Dave Moll 22nd Dec 2017 3:38 pm

It has even reached wild wet Cumbria today.

dragonser 22nd Dec 2017 5:32 pm

Hi,
well my copy has arrived safely in South London.
sorry for the obvious question but the full colour picture in the centre is most impressive, but I could find any description of it ! ( but I am not nearly as alert today as I would like ).

Paul Stenning 22nd Dec 2017 5:33 pm

There is a description at the bottom right corner of the page, but the text colour is not prominent so it is very easily missed.

dragonser 22nd Dec 2017 7:08 pm

Hi,
thank you for explaining about the text at the bottom right ! and putting my mind at rest.It will be a most interesting read !