UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Vintage Television and Video (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Old crt tv wall brackets. (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163657)

brunel 7th Feb 2020 3:41 pm

Old crt tv wall brackets.

1 Attachment(s)
Found a couple of the swivel brackets to mount a small crt tv to a wall. Usually seen in a kitchen or bedroom.

Maarten 7th Feb 2020 4:03 pm

Re: Old crt tv wall brackets.

They dont't look too stable, or maybe specific to one or two models.

Lloyd 1985 7th Feb 2020 4:25 pm

I think they would actually be speaker brackets, I’ve got 2 that look very similar, just not curved at the front. I did actually use one once with a 10” CRT telly! Wasn’t very stable..

Regards
Lloyd

G6Tanuki 7th Feb 2020 4:37 pm

I remember fitting ones like those, or something very similar, to support the inevitable small B&W TV for use in CCTV monitoring systems in garages, shops etc in the 80s.

From memory, they were badged as "Pivotelli", the more-sophisticated versions had a hinged arm that gave you full tilt/swivel/in-and-out movement.

They were also good for mounting sound-reinforcement/musicv-speakers in pubs etc.

electronicskip 7th Feb 2020 4:42 pm

Ive still got a CRT Wall bracket fitted in my conservatory albeit its for a 16inch portable but nowadays i just sit a small LCD tv on it freestanding so it still has a use

dragonser 7th Feb 2020 8:22 pm

Hi, a short story,
when I was servicing a Juke Box in a Pub near Hampton Wick, back in the early 2000's I looked over and saw a rather large CRT TV on a wall bracket. I didn't say anything.
when I visited a few months later I saw the bracket but a much smaller tv.
I asked what had happened and was told, well the other TV fell off the wall bracket. Luckily it didn't his a customer !

kevinaston1 7th Feb 2020 8:32 pm

They look like old AVF loudspeaker stands

brunel 7th Feb 2020 10:38 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinaston1 (Post 1215189)
They look like old AVF loudspeaker stands

Had another look, they are marked AVF.

Small spkr. wall mounting brackets they are, thanks

Welsh Anorak 10th Feb 2020 4:48 pm

Yes, the TV ones tended to have a tray the TV sat on.
Some years ago I was asked to replace a TV in a doctor's waiting room. It was only a straightforward TV swap, so what could possibly go wrong? Up went the new TV and I was setting it up via the remote control when to my horror it started to move as the bracket's fixing screws started to ever so slowly come away from the wall! Of course by this time the surgery was open and someone was sat directly beneath it. Attempting to remain cool, I asked the patient to move - which he did, very slowly - and I hopped onto the vacant chair just in time to save it. Moral: NEVER assume someone else has done a proper job!

Andy Green 13th Feb 2020 10:39 pm

I have a couple of CRT wall brackets that make great mounts for my Oscilliscope and other test gear in my workshop. So if you ever come across good Ed please hang on to them, they are becoming like hen's teeth