UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

lightfoot 4th Sep 2015 1:43 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

I would like to say a big thanks you to Dave for the HP 500c printer which worked out the box after being put away for the last 9 years,you saved me a lot of rearranging with my present set up..."you are legend". Thanks again.

Ambientnoise 5th Sep 2015 12:24 pm

Many thanks to Jacek (Jackam) for the VEF 206. Nice to meet you in Newbury.

Ken

Ed_Dinning 7th Sep 2015 2:37 pm

Many thanks to Terry Bull and Dave W for the PW mags and posting them; another hole in my collection has been filled!

Ed

Stylo N M 15th Sep 2015 4:27 pm

A big albeit belated thank you to Stuart R for very kindly scanning to paper form some information on the 1970s Mettoy Music Maker record player linear motor.

No sooner had I requested if I could have a copy of it the job was done. It arrived the next day in the post and I'm also very grateful for the other bits of info that was also included.

paul.

Ti Pwun 16th Sep 2015 1:28 pm

Thanks to Malcolm G6ANZ for the electrometer and to Phil (pbengtech) for the Heathkit meter. Both are very much appreciated.

MarkAT6 16th Sep 2015 4:48 pm

Many thanks to David (aka captainpugwash) for generously sending me the two 'free' turntables and then not accepting any postage costs.

Mark

Ti Pwun 18th Sep 2015 1:24 pm

Thanks to John (60 oldjohn) for the bag of components - very useful.

Oldcodger 26th Sep 2015 7:33 pm

thanks to Julie M & Leon for simple prompt answer to my request ref cmos buffered outputs.

Paul Stenning 28th Sep 2015 9:09 pm

Thank you to whoever bought my mum's old Samsung VCR from the bring and buy at Harpenden yesterday. You saved it from the dreaded WEEE recycling, and hopefully the museum benefited from a small donation too. :)

bikerhifinut 29th Sep 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks To Ed Dinning for the tutorial on the Phillips Oscilloscope and onceover, and doing a check on my collection of used KT88 and 6550 type power valves that I was given by another generous member a while back.
Top man, and has given me my enthusiasm back after a difficult year at home.

Andy.

ben 30th Sep 2015 9:09 am

Heartfelt thanks to John (HandH52) for the gift of some tape copiers, and for passing them to Dave (nutteronthebus) who got them up to Wirral, and and his friend Frank kept them for me. I'm really grateful you took the time and trouble, gents!

Reelman 8th Oct 2015 10:26 am

Thanks to Dr Wobble (Andy) for some very useful cables etc.
Cheers,
Peter

fetteler 8th Oct 2015 11:41 am

My thanks goes to Adrian (HurtyAC) for the Telequipment D83 oscilloscope he so kindly gave to me.

Lovely to meet you Adrian, she's coming together nicely, already I have got signals now on both channels by giving a few mucky switches and connectors a quick clean. Not sure about calibration or anything but having established that all is basically working I feel encouraged to start cleaning and adjusting until she's fully sorted out. As I guessed, I think my old one will become a future donor for bits.

Cheers,
Steve.

Ti Pwun 12th Oct 2015 12:59 pm

Thanks to George (GMB) for the UV-EPROMS - nice selection. Much appreciated.

Skywave 13th Oct 2015 11:41 pm

My thanks to awc (Alex) in Somerset who very generously sent me a 75 / 300 Ohm balun - at a total cost (to me) of zero. :thumbsup:

Al. / Oct. 13 2015 //

Boater Sam 13th Oct 2015 11:42 pm

Today I have again had the pleasure of meeting through this and other forums some really nice people.

You ask for help or some parts and they almost swamp you with offers of parts for which they will accept no payment, not even postage and with information which they have obviously spent some time and effort to obtain.

The generosity of members is almost embarrassing. I hope that I can be as helpful to others as they have been to me.

To all these wonderful folk, a heart felt thank you.

ukcol 14th Oct 2015 9:18 am

Thanks to Keith (KeithsTV) for his help with scans of the PM5324 manual & schematics.

Phil G4SPZ 14th Oct 2015 10:43 am

I would like to thank Barry (Audio1950) for completely overhauling an HMV gramophone motor for me. Barry would accept no payment other than reimbursement of postage costs. Such an approach - undertaking skilled work for others at no charge - is really generous, and I am indebted to Barry for his kindness.

martiR2R 14th Oct 2015 8:16 pm

Many thanks to David Deakin for a 80+ yr old KB, now the oldest radio in my collection, and an intriguing piece of test equipment.

Mikey66 19th Oct 2015 10:49 am

My thanks go to John aka Hoveradio for the Sony SL-C20 VCR. Nice to meet you John :)

G4XWDJim 21st Oct 2015 1:14 pm

Many thanks to Andy, Dr Wobble for his generous gift of a speaker which fits perfectly and sounds excellent.

Jim

SiriusHardware 29th Oct 2015 8:45 pm

Grateful thanks to Andy, (Dr Wobble) and Barrie, (Bazz4CQJ) who both freely offered some small capacity SD cards in response to my request in the 'Wanted' section. I now have exactly as many as I need - thanks again, gents, much appreciated.

Ambientnoise 1st Nov 2015 2:13 pm

Many thanks to Mike (CobaltBlue) for the IFTs for a Cossor 524. Thats another set saved and being used.

Ken

martiR2R 1st Nov 2015 3:48 pm

Many thanks to unrealdave for taking the trouble to post one of his excellent PC's.

deliverance 5th Nov 2015 10:24 am

A big thanks to Ed Dinning for rewinding my transformer and his helpful information . Also thanks to 60 oldjohn in providing a knob for my brt-402 thanks guys .

julie_m 5th Nov 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks to surreynick for the Ultra 950. That's my winter project sorted out ..... ;)

sentinel040 8th Nov 2015 3:02 pm

Thank you to AlanC for all his hard work in distributing a large collection of ex-PMR kit from a silent key. I know at least some of it has gone to a good home.

Ian

Radio Wrangler 9th Nov 2015 9:24 am

I'd like to thank Humber888 for the HP3580A audio spectrum analyser. I've finally got it home and the microwave roundtable meeting out of the way, so I've been able to try it out properly.

I'd like to thank John_BS for transportation, and Doug for temporary storage in Harrogate until it could get picked-up.

David

Mikey66 9th Nov 2015 2:08 pm

A thank you to Greg Simons for the TX9 service manual.

greg_simons 11th Nov 2015 5:40 pm

Many thanks to ppmunro for finding a new terminal post for my old and faithful avo mk3.

deliverance 13th Nov 2015 5:56 pm

Many thanks to merlinmaxwell for supplying me with the correct bulgin plug speedy service .

Mikey66 16th Nov 2015 10:38 am

Thanks to unrealdave for the HP PC he posted out. It works a treat.

bikerhifinut 16th Nov 2015 9:34 pm

Thanks to Ed Dinning for his patience and knowledge of transformers, and also Mike Barker for the same. Advice and knowledge that has been beyond price.

andy.

6110c37 17th Nov 2015 10:58 am

Many thanks to Keith (G4UKW) for the loan of the Sussex manual. I now have a working tester and a manual specific for my tester which does depart from the original somewhat.
Martin

vinrads 21st Nov 2015 10:36 pm

Many thanks to Jon a.k.a Ti Pwun for sending me a speaker FOC I thought that I would trouble in obtaining one of these , but Jon came to the rescue . A big thank's from Mick :thumbsup:

Mikey66 22nd Nov 2015 4:08 pm

My thanks to Wendymott for the isolating transformer. Nice to meet and chat to you.

paulsherwin 22nd Nov 2015 4:12 pm

Another vote of thanks to Unrealdave for taking the trouble to courier a PC to me, and at an excellent price too.

AC/HL 22nd Nov 2015 6:03 pm

Same here, an early Christmas present to replace my old XP machine.

martiR2R 22nd Nov 2015 6:29 pm

And here. These are very nice machines and excellent value.
Martin

ITAM805 25th Nov 2015 11:56 am

A big thankyou to Ron Bryan for the period 250k pot and the Wima cap for my AC30 restoration - perfect! :thumbsup:

Martin Bush 25th Nov 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks to fizzingtelevision both for the lovely radio I bought from him and his patience and not pursuit of the courier company when it entered 'the void'.

That's one radio ticked off the 'must have' list.

Thanks also to the numerous people who have sent me stuff recently. I've thanked everyone personally, but I'd like to put on record my gratitude to all on here for being a set of super people.

SiriusHardware 25th Nov 2015 9:25 pm

Another nod of thanks to unrealdave for taking the time to sort out all these surprisingly nice HP Compaq PCs and sending them off by courier.

Ti Pwun 26th Nov 2015 9:31 pm

Many thanks to Jim (G4XWDJim) for the valves - very much appreciated.

Dickie 26th Nov 2015 10:00 pm

And thanks to Jon (Ti Pwun) for the rotary attenuator!

Restoration73 27th Nov 2015 2:17 pm

Many thanks to Wendymott for the HC25 crystals.

vinylspinner 4th Dec 2015 7:36 am

Big thanks to Dave (Hammonds) for the Farnell LFM2, works fine and is just what I needed.

Nigel

paulsherwin 6th Dec 2015 4:18 pm

Thanks to Malc (MALC SCOTT) for the pair of Panasonic speakers, and to Andy (bikerhifinut) for going out of his way to bring them to me. They are now installed in the bedroom and are a big improvement on the awful micro system speakers that were there before.

SiriusHardware 15th Dec 2015 1:11 am

Thanks to Dazzlevision for sorting out and sending a nice original Philips CM8524 monitor manual, greatly appreciated.

mickyfinn 20th Dec 2015 9:04 am

Thanks a lot AndiiT and daughter for organising my receipt of the Mission speakers which although in need of much TLC will eventually be reborn.
Mick

martiR2R 29th Dec 2015 2:42 pm

Thanks to Johnlees for a nice Pilot T405 and the bonus of an Ultra Coronation Twin in excellent cosmetic condition, including original box! - very generous.

Martin