UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

vinylspinner 16th May 2015 10:02 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsherwin (Post 762237)
Thanks to Nick (Nickthedentist) for the Dyson motor and Roku box, Richard (mole42uk) for the radios and Nigel (vinylspinner) for the assorted hifi bits. Nigel also helped out with FCS duties. Much appreciated all.

Thanks Paul, nice to meet you yesterday and many thanks for the valves, hope some of the old hifi will of use to you.

Also a big thank you to Nick for the Tandberg, hope to get it working soon.

Nigel

Ti Pwun 20th May 2015 1:47 pm

Many thanks to Nigel (VinylSpinner) for the two pieces of wood he sent. Life saver!

Restoration73 22nd May 2015 9:16 am

Thanks to Tim (Studio263) for the BRC doubler.

Tony

Thyristor 22nd May 2015 5:58 pm

A big thank you to crudmeister for the Belling-Lee connector for my Advance DVM5 voltmeter.

And especially, a massive thank you to gingpeakin for the Advance DVM5 bits; yielding a plethora of switches, buttons, lamps and useful spares.

Despite my repeated attempts, gingpeakin refused to accept any payment, and even dropped them round!
Great to meet you, Ging, and thank you, you're a rock-star! :thumbsup:

Ti Pwun 24th May 2015 5:02 pm

Many thanks to Steve (regentone001) for the Regentone P21 radio. Nice addition to my collection.

lazythread 26th May 2015 11:10 am

Big thanks to PsychMan (Adam) for the free Garrard SP25III.

vinylspinner 7th Jun 2015 10:30 am

A very big and belated thank you to Chris aka kipperdog for all of the bits and bobs he gave away foc, I will be making a list over the coming months and offering some of the components to other members here.

Nigel

Miguel Lopez 10th Jun 2015 2:38 pm

Thanks to my friends Andy (aka Dr Wobble) and Chris (aka Herald1360) for send me a parcel with a lot of components for my projects and experiments, including three 807 valves for the PP amplifier project.

Andy also sent my a disc with his music and a hand-made knife.

Thanks

Damo666 17th Jun 2015 6:01 pm

A thank you to Chris (Herald1360) for sending the Realistic handheld CB'S.

Many thanks mate.

Phil G4SPZ 22nd Jun 2015 12:24 pm

Grateful thanks to Tony (Restoration 73) for the IW3 rectifier. The stamps are on their way! :thumbsup:

Phil G4SPZ 27th Jun 2015 9:15 pm

Thank you to Andy (ajs37) for the meter, as well as for the warm welcome and the cuppa when we called in to collect it. It was a pleasure to meet you and Theresa, and to see the radio collection. Hope the move goes smoothly.

mickash 4th Jul 2015 1:28 am

Thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for sending me the Hacker handle cover trim.

Cheers, Michael.

Ambientnoise 5th Jul 2015 5:03 pm

Many thanks to Andy ajs37 for the nice Sony VCR and tapes. It will all be very useful.

Ken

Phil G4SPZ 7th Jul 2015 11:49 pm

Thank you Chris (Herald1360) for the Vidor CN420 lid switch and for sending it post free! Above and beyond the call of duty, and much appreciated. ;)

paulsherwin 8th Jul 2015 12:31 am

Thanks to Paul Stenning for some useful memory sticks and Windows CDs.

Nymrod121 10th Jul 2015 10:01 pm

Many thanks to Colin (ukcol) for the Sony CCD camera training manual.
So much to learn, so little time - ! :)
Best wishes
Guy

terrybull 11th Jul 2015 5:11 am

Thanks to Dickie for the Radio Designers Handbook. My previous copy was falling to pieces and moth eaten. This is much better. I don't have to guess at the missing bits.

petervk2mlg 13th Jul 2015 12:21 pm

I'd like to extend a very warm thank you to Phil G4SPZ for his kindness in sending me 2 X good ECC85 valves, enabling me to complete the repairs to my Ferguson 383A radio.
Phil donated these valves to me and also footed the bill for the postage from UK to Australia. Phil's generosity and helpfulness is an example to us all.

Peter

G4XWDJim 17th Jul 2015 10:40 am

Many and grateful thanks to Richard, mole42uk who very kindly gave me a new sleeve for my Weller soldering iron entirely free of any charges.

Jim

Restoration73 17th Jul 2015 6:02 pm

Many thanks to Graham (Llama) for the loan of the Cotron manuals.

Tony

Ti Pwun 19th Jul 2015 5:13 pm

Big thanks to Tony (Restoration73) for the capacitors.

Ambientnoise 20th Jul 2015 7:21 pm

My thanks to Richard (Dickie) for the loan of a Win 7 pro Dell disk.

Ken

Valve'n'vinyl 24th Jul 2015 3:27 pm

Thanks to Phil G4SPZ for the Roberts knob he sent me for gratis . Very Kind indeed ,much appreciated and will make the set useable again !. :) All the best for the future Phil !

Oldcodger 25th Jul 2015 12:47 am

Thanks to G8KBG Tony for picking up a request on old Jackson cooker temperature settings, after the post "disappeared". Thanks to Tony I now have another decent selection of recipes for SWMBO to try out, and better still, a SWMBO that realises that us old folks, with our ancient bits of kit, have a place in the world.

Mikey66 27th Jul 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks to Studio263 for the pattern generator. It arrived safely today.

amrackstraw 29th Jul 2015 3:15 pm

Many thanks to happytiger for doing such an excellent job repairing my Hacker Super Sovereign Radio. It is working beautifully. Superb restoration job.

amrackstraw

Ti Pwun 30th Jul 2015 5:36 pm

Many thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the circuit boards - just the job.

deliverance 30th Jul 2015 5:56 pm

A big thanks to Sean Williams for sorting me a mains transformer for my ar88 ...

Reelman 30th Jul 2015 5:58 pm

Many thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the Uher PSU and mikes etc. Will be very useful.
Peter

rockinmark 3rd Aug 2015 4:28 pm

Hopefully of use to someone

Sorry I didn't no how to add this I was given a Garrard turntable from a post on here and it raised a lot of posts about posting the item
I would first like to say thank you to donstuff the turntable was well rapped up I used myhermes and the parcel arrived in very good condition
The post was closed on 29 July so I couldn't add it but wanted to let everyone know that posting is not always a bad thing

Mark

thermionic 6th Aug 2015 7:53 pm

Many thanks to TonyDuell for providing a copy of the Thorens TD125 MK1 service manual. Also, to Rich (MPT4) for also offering a copy.

It takes time to scan & post these up, so gentlemen, I am in your debt!

SimonT.

MarkAT6 7th Aug 2015 3:08 pm

Thanks to Mick (SnafuAgain) for supplying Fidelity HF42 parts & restoration advice.

Mark

Phil G4SPZ 9th Aug 2015 10:14 am

Many thanks Andy (Dr Wobble) for the old lamp and for the offer of the Avo terminal posts - much appreciated. I'll get the valves off to you on Monday week.

Ti Pwun 10th Aug 2015 11:36 am

Thank you to Paul (Donstuff) for the Europhon super professional radio. Very much appreciated - it will be a great addition to my workshop.

Skywave 10th Aug 2015 12:25 pm

This post relates to:
https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=118342
which was prematurely closed, but here I can express my thanks to dom10161 for the Intel motherboard he sent to me.
My problem with the associated PC (re the above link) has now been solved.

Al. / Skywave / Aug. 10, '15 //

Nymrod121 12th Aug 2015 9:28 pm

Many thanks to Studio263 (Tim) for the Tektronix 7613 mainframe storage 'scope c/w 2 x 7A18 and 1 x 7B53 modules.

All found to be in full working order; the CRT image is clear, bright and unburnt; all pots and switches seem in good shape - and overall, this superb example of 'Tek-manship' is in remarkably good physical condition, as evidenced by the 'calibration void' stickers having remained undisturbed since their application at MSL Hitchin in 1993.

More icing on the cake .... in the form of pristine copies of the '7613 Operator's Manual' and all relevant Service manuals.

Tim, your kindness is greatly appreciated! :)

Best wishes

Guy

Miguel Lopez 13th Aug 2015 1:32 pm

Thanks to Alan and Susanne, for the time that we spent together in Havana yesterday, and the nice conversation that we had. We spent two hours talking about a lot of subjects and the time flew. I feel that I left a lot to talk about, but then my wife and I had to leave as transportation takes us about two and a half hours to return home.

Alan and Susanne gave me a wonderful Selena radio. It looks "brand new, althought in this case I should say it is "new old stock". The radio sounds very well and it is the new jewel in my little collection of Soviet radios.

Bless you both Alan and Susanne

bobhowe 13th Aug 2015 9:35 pm

Thanks to Ed Dinning for custom winding me a Transformer ( The Usual High Standard ) for a Leak Point One Stereo valve preamp

Ti Pwun 13th Aug 2015 10:53 pm

Big thanks to Martin (G8UWM-MildMartin) for the uA723HC voltage regs.

Also, to Mike Barker for rewinding a coil for me.

Restoration73 21st Aug 2015 5:42 pm

Thanks to Steve (music centre) for the nice Grundig.
Thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the nice Sony U-matic.

Tony

Phil G4SPZ 22nd Aug 2015 8:35 am

Thanks very much to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the terminals :wave:

Diabolical Artificer 23rd Aug 2015 6:44 am

A big thankyou to Phil for some valves; a gentleman as always.

Andy.

mdonohoe 23rd Aug 2015 1:25 pm

Thank you to MartiR2R for Vidor chassis and for patience in handling packaging and delivery.

Martin.

Nymrod121 24th Aug 2015 9:17 pm

(1) Many thanks to Peter (oodpeter) for the Tektronix 453 oscilloscope, 2 x probes (one being a Tektronix P6105!) and *original* operators'/maintenance manual - all in excellent condition;

(2) Many thanks to Robin (robinshack) for the Schomandl ND100 frequency reference generator, plus a photocopy of the operators'/maintenance manual and a folder of interesting and useful notes made by a previous owner on its operating principles.

A pleasure to meet you both yesterday. Thank you!

Best wishes
Guy

gezza123 26th Aug 2015 8:30 pm

Thanks to David (Factory) for the TAYLOR 67a signal generator today, and a pleasure to have met you.:thumbsup:
gezza123

Ti Pwun 27th Aug 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks to Andy (Dr Wobble) for the ferrite slugs he sent. Perfect fit.

stumted2 28th Aug 2015 11:16 am

Many, many thanks to Barry (Audio1950) for his very much appreciated kind gift of turntable instruction and very kind words, and who refused point blank to accept payment of any kind, not even for P&P.
One day I hope I may be able to repay the debt of help and kindness I owe to forum members, by freely donating any bits or parts that I have, as others have done before me.
Cheers, Ted.

Cobaltblue 28th Aug 2015 9:13 pm

I would like to say a big thank you to Richard (Mr Moose) for the Cossor Synchronised tuner lid.

Hopefully I can return the favour someday :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

HamishBoxer 31st Aug 2015 6:30 pm

Big thank you to m0cemdave for going to the trouble of transporting the Pye Rack.

gezza123 2nd Sep 2015 7:01 pm

Many thanks to (David/Factory) for sending me the
HP 1742A TV SYNC MODIFICATION KIT Details.:thumbsup:

gezza123