UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

The Philpott 4th Feb 2019 10:09 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Nick- thanks for the T12 tubes.
Lloyd- thanks for the VCR's, my other half's VCR refused to accept a tape yesterday so this is very timely.

Dave

electronicskip 5th Feb 2019 12:39 pm

A big thanks to Studio263 (Tim) for the huge box of remote controls.
The women who delivered the parcel nearly had a hernia!

Phil G4SPZ 11th Feb 2019 8:02 pm

A massive thank you to my generous friend Jim Medley who kindly posted me a book on clock escapements completely FOC. Thanks Jim, I’ll buy you lunch at the NVCF!

Phil

Phil G4SPZ 12th Feb 2019 6:19 pm

A huge thank-you to Martin M for the 3 1/4” reel of tape, completely FOC and even posted at his own expense. Your generosity is greatly appreciated! Thanks again,

Phil

mole42uk 13th Feb 2019 6:51 pm

Thank you very much to Bob (woodchips) who kindly sent me a couple of LEMO connectors to fit my Gould oscilloscope accessory socket.

Cathode Ray 13th Feb 2019 10:23 pm

Thanks to Andy (Diabolical Artificer) for testing and posting two 6BS7 valves for me.
Andy went way above the call of duty there !

Reelman 15th Feb 2019 11:41 am

May I be the first of many, I’m sure to thank Chris (Herald1360) for the packet of FETs that arrived this morning.
Going to be great help to the “learning” members of Mexborough Radio Club.
Cheers mate!
Peter

VT FUSE 15th Feb 2019 3:55 pm

Thank you to Chris (Herald1360) for the delivery of 2N3819 JFETS in the post.
Most generous of Chris to distribute these,especially as the eBay sourced FETS are increasingly turning out to be fakes.
Great gesture-much appreciated
Mike

paulsherwin 15th Feb 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks to Lloyd (Lloyd 1985) for the Logik DVD player and for taking the trouble to pack and post it. Much appreciated.

g4wim_tim 15th Feb 2019 9:47 pm

Another thank you to Chris for the FET's

Regards Tim

Jolly 7 16th Feb 2019 12:10 am

Many thanks to Chris (Herald1360) for his generosity with the 2N3819 jfets.

terrybull 16th Feb 2019 6:36 am

My thanks to Tim Norris who sent me a transistor I needed. Just the job 👍

dave walsh 16th Feb 2019 11:38 am

I'm very grateful to "Anthony" who has sent me some "Electric Radio Magazines" that originated from America but include vintage UK items and he wouldn't even accept postage:shrug: Very Forum spirited! Thanks again.

Dave

VT FUSE 16th Feb 2019 2:58 pm

Many thanks to Graham, Station X for sending me some 4-247 transistors for a club project that is forming up.
A suitable charity donation is going to RAF Benevolent fund.

Mike

Beardyman 16th Feb 2019 4:16 pm

A huge thank you to the forums transformer guru Ed Dinning. Without his experience & insight I would not have been in a position to repair the one in my Defiant MSH902.
As can be seen in the photo (black arrow) it seems as if the winding was not quite long enough so they added about a half inch!?!
Anyway, its now as it should be once again, many many thanks Ed. :beer:

Silvered_Mica 16th Feb 2019 4:47 pm

I was looking for a new project and Frank dropped one in my lap.

Huge thanks to Frank.c for designing the hedghog converter, sharing all the info and sending me a PCB :D

kellys_eye 16th Feb 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks (once more) go to Chris (Herald1360) for the 2N3819's received today.

John M0GLN 17th Feb 2019 8:48 am

And another thanks to Chris (Herald1360) for the 2N3819's which I've just received from him.

John

factory 17th Feb 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks to Bob (woodchips) for the HP 180 scope modules and other parts, he did an excellent job of packing them for the courier too. :thumbsup:

David

VT FUSE 18th Feb 2019 10:13 pm

A very big thank you to G3VKM Roger for so very patiently researching and sending a great deal of info on the ww2 Wireless Set No.21 that I have parts for and for which I am gathering items in order to attempt to embark on a reconstruction/rebuild project. Again,a great example of a forum member going beyond the call of duty.

Mike

Davewantsone 20th Feb 2019 5:29 pm

Many thanks to Shaunhw for the two 405 line TV.s we picked up this afternoon. (Still don't know where the fire hydrant was!).

Reelman 20th Feb 2019 10:05 pm

A big thanks from me as well to Shaun for the Philips TV I collected this afternoon.
That was certainly a mighty amp you showed me whilst there!
Cheers,
Peter

MrBungle 21st Feb 2019 11:47 am

Thanks to Herald1360 for the JFETs. Much appreciated!

electronicskip 22nd Feb 2019 1:44 pm

A big thank you to Dragonser for the V2000 Video tapes kindly sent to me.

OldTechFan96 23rd Feb 2019 11:12 pm

A big thank you to Cobaltblue who sent me a Pye output transformer.

The Philpott 24th Feb 2019 10:35 pm

Thankyou Glyn for the bakelite/ceramic lightswitches. Two of them are exactly the type that i grew up with in the farmhouse, and being kiddie proof are still legal for use!
Dave

The Philpott 5th Mar 2019 9:51 am

And also thanks Mike for the Siemen's M phone- I can at last now retire the disintegrating Nokia 3000 series that came from a charity shop 10 yrs ago for a quid!
Dave

greg_simons 7th Mar 2019 11:17 am

Many thank to welsh anorak for the thorn 2k plus a shed full of extra spares, it's very much appreciated.

Welsh Anorak 7th Mar 2019 11:18 am

The shed Greg refers to is actually the cabinet....

paulsherwin 12th Mar 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks to David (Neutrino) for the replacement remote control for my Sony microsystem. Much appreciated.

Cobaltblue 12th Mar 2019 3:00 pm

A big thank you to Richard (Electronskip) for the little sewing machine. looking forward to my grandchildren and SWMBO having fun with me doing a bit of craftwork.

All kids seem to like to make things :thumbsup:

Thanks Richard

Cobaltblue 12th Mar 2019 4:28 pm

A big thank you to Neil (Neil29) for the ULTRA Coronation twin R786 it cleaned up nicely and all the valves have filament continuity.

It has a nicely done period repair the Selenium rectifier has been replaced by a RS REC51 in an unfamiliar package so I am guessing early 60's

I am hoping to give it some power this week.

Sorry I missed you Neil I would have loved to have a chat about your Avengers :thumbsup:

Perhaps next time :)

Cheers

Mike T

Herald1360 12th Mar 2019 8:42 pm

A big thank-you for Stylo N M who sent me free, gratis and for nothing a bag of goodies including a decent UL41 for my recent DAC10 repair job.

:thumbsup:

Stylo N M 14th Mar 2019 2:35 pm

An enormous thank you! to Herald1360 for sending me a truely unexspected and very generous gift, valves and letter, it really is amazing the lengh of kindness that's expressed on this forum.

Thank you chris, for being so thoughtfull and so, so, kind, it really is beyond words and it is very much appreciated.

Paul

g4wim_tim 14th Mar 2019 7:57 pm

A big thank you to JimmyDeath for the supply of various capacitors.

Regards Tim

gezza123 18th Mar 2019 11:00 pm

A big thank you to GLYN Welsh Anorak, for sending me the
Nombrex Test Bridge 32

This will make a nice compliment to the Bridge collection starting to grow.

HAMEG HM108
LAFAYETTE TE-46
HEATHKIT IB-5281

Cheers GLYN :beer:

1100 man 20th Mar 2019 12:43 am

Many. many thanks to Greg (Greg_simons) for sending me a complete VHF/UHF tuner assembly for my Thorn 2000. It's obviously only recently been dug up out of a Welsh valley! ;D...

The tripler was an added bonus too!

It's most appreciated,

Cheers
Nick

Reelman 22nd Mar 2019 4:50 pm

My thanks go to G4WIM_TIM, Tim for the two valves that arrived today. Very good of him to think of the forum members when disposing of useful items.
Cheers,
Peter.

Nymrod121 25th Mar 2019 2:06 pm

Many thanks to Dave (dave_n_t) for the copy of "Wireless World Guide to Broadcasting Stations, 17th Edition" (1973).
It even lists Radio Caroline and Radio Nordzee in the ... er ... North Sea (and I was probably listening to them around the time this edition was printed :) )
Cheers Dave :thumbsup:

TonyDuell 25th Mar 2019 2:20 pm

Thanks to dave_n_t for 'Electronics in Photography' which arrived today. It's interesting to see how things have changed over the years.

Kentode 25th Mar 2019 4:22 pm

Thanks here also to dave_n_t for the Scroggie's laboratory handbook received today.

That's my nights occupied for the next few weeks.:thumbsup:

Cheers Dave :beer:

mole42uk 26th Mar 2019 1:29 pm

Thanks here also to dave_n_t for the "Handbook of Wireless Telegraphy", vol I & II. Fascinating!

Nickthedentist 27th Mar 2019 1:26 pm

Thanks to Northyorks1 (Ian) for sending me, FOC(!) a lovely Bush AC11 radio in amazing packaging.

Nick.

TonyDuell 27th Mar 2019 1:35 pm

Many thanks to 'Fixitnow' for the 2 boxes of typewriter and adding machine service manuals. They are of great interest to me.

Nickthedentist 27th Mar 2019 5:12 pm

and also to Nymrod121 (Guy) for the very generous gift of an immaculate Samsung smartphone, and even for paying the postage. I'm very grateful indeed!

Nick.

HamishBoxer 29th Mar 2019 3:27 pm

Many Thanks Pete (GX4AAW) for the crystal that arrived today.

Best Regards,
David

boombox 29th Mar 2019 5:18 pm

Thanks to Rambo1152 for his help with my SPA3000!

Davewantsone 30th Mar 2019 2:40 pm

Many thanks to Steve (beltinge bore) for giving me a V4 chassis which arrived today.

ekjdm14 5th Apr 2019 12:15 pm

A big thank you to Paul Stenning and those associated with the running of the forum & service data side, received my service data DVD today & looking forward to seeing how many of my own collection I can find in there!

Ed_Dinning 8th Apr 2019 7:28 pm

Many thanks to Greg for the meters and Audiomagpie (FCS) for the safe delivery of a box or meters to Golbourne yesterday

Ed