UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

cathy_vintage 19th Oct 2016 9:55 am

Re: The Thanks Thread

Dropped DrWobble's Farnell bench power supply off last night and he kindly gave me a couple of transistor radios to restore FOC inc a Roberts R700 ..Many thanks Andy and great to meet you. (from Ash)

Radiocruncher 21st Oct 2016 5:44 pm

I would like to thank Dave (Sobell1980) for sending me 2 Hacker RP18's for spares. Very much apprciated.

Thanks

Graham

SiriusHardware 24th Oct 2016 6:16 pm

Big thumbs up to Nymrod121 for the S-O-R S3 phone received very nicely packed - thanks again.

dave walsh 24th Oct 2016 7:17 pm

Many thanks to Laurence [Radiolot] for his generous free catalogue offer:clap: To my surprise I scraped in as "fifth man" [a cricket ref] as he put it.

Dave W

Ti Pwun 24th Oct 2016 10:11 pm

Many thanks to Tony (greenstar) for the Selena Vega 215. Very much appreciated.

Jon.

MrBungle 25th Oct 2016 4:48 pm

Many thanks to Sean Williams for the 3JP1. Much appreciated!

Al (astral highway) 25th Oct 2016 7:05 pm

A huge thanks to David G4EBT for cutting out and re-fitting broken glass in a vintage ammeter from a broadcast transmitter. Superb job, in record time, too. I am just astonished.

It's a beautiful repair and it means I can now still use the meter in a current project.

Thanks again, David.

AC/HL 26th Oct 2016 11:50 pm

Thanks to David (Radio Wrangler) for the Samsung TV, and also bringing it down from Scotland!

Ti Pwun 27th Oct 2016 9:28 am

Thank you to Mike (Cobaltblue) for the 7" tablet. Nice little repair project.

Jon.

MALC SCOTT 27th Oct 2016 3:21 pm

Many thanks to Norman Raeburn for sending me the VHS cassette lamps, Malc.

ben 28th Oct 2016 10:30 pm

Thanks to gezza123 for his quick response in sending me some tape recorder documentation scans! Much appreciated.

Ti Pwun 5th Nov 2016 12:45 am

Thanks to Ian (Ian - G4JQT) for the Philips badge. Perfect!

deliverance 6th Nov 2016 2:49 pm

A big thanks to Wendy (wendymott) for the Variac much appreciated .

bikerhifinut 8th Nov 2016 6:20 pm

Thanks to Mike Barker for his patience and advice and confirmation of diagnosis of a transformer issue on Sunday at Golborne.
Much appreciated.

Andy.

Stylo N M 9th Nov 2016 1:22 pm

A very big thank you to Bryan Mellor (Bryan M) for sending me the dilecon 0.0005mfd tuning capacitor (The jackson capacitor) i'm very greatfull to him, and also for sending it so swiftly aswell.

sincere good wishes.

paul.

thomass 10th Nov 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks to everyone who has helped to re-home some of my stuff recently.

Thomas

cathy_vintage 15th Nov 2016 1:34 am

Big thanks to Nickthedentist for details on the BSR UA8 autochanger.

Goldie99 18th Nov 2016 10:23 am

Many thanks to Craig Sawyers for collecting an amp for me, for a couple of hours of very enjoyable discussion, and for the excellent coffee !

Nymrod121 21st Nov 2016 10:08 am

Many thanks to Mark Hennessy for his kind assistance with calibrating the A.M. depth / F.M. deviation metering checks on my HP8640B yesterday.

The M.I. TF2305 is in use again today ... ;)

Best wishes
Guy

Boater Sam 22nd Nov 2016 8:34 pm

A big hand to Paul, idlerbiker, for his generous offer of lovely radios, thank you.

linescan87 23rd Nov 2016 7:34 pm

I also would like to thank Paul, idlerbiker, for the ITT CVC5. My father just informed me he collected it last night.

It will be a valued addition to my collection.

All the best,
John Joe.

TonyDuell 25th Nov 2016 6:24 pm

A big thank you to 'Astral Highway' for the beautiful Unicorder 61 and the very interesting chat over a cup of coffee today.

I've already had the casing off the machine (it's back together now) and it looks to be an interestring project to restore it.

Al (astral highway) 25th Nov 2016 6:49 pm

Hi Tony,

Thank you! Likewise, it was great to meet you, very impressed that you came all that way down specially. I found our chat very interesting and was at times stunned by your encyclopaedic knowledge of specific circuits, components within circuits and histories of technology.

I'm sure the Unicorder is in the very best possible hands for a sympathetic and full restoration inside and I'm intrigued to hear what, if anything, is on that spool of tape!

Phil G4SPZ 27th Nov 2016 7:53 pm

Many thanks to my good friend Jim Medley for the luncheon voucher, which is apparently valid forever and at any establishment! The Ritz looks nice Jim, see you there? Or maybe just fish & chips at the Black Country Museum :wave: and good luck with the Ultra Twin :thumbsup:

David G4EBT 29th Nov 2016 2:23 pm

Many thanks to Eddie - (eddie_ce) in Hamburg for kindly sourcing Philips 'PHILETTA' plastic logos for me for a Philetta BD254U radio that I'm restoring. Eddie kindly tracked down the German supplier, bought the logos out of his own pocket on my behalf till I could recompense Eddie for them via paypal, and sent them priority Air Mail to me. It seems that these logos are prone to falling off and getting lost and it does detract from the radio's appearance without the logo, so it's been really helpful of Eddie to come to my rescue.

Thanks Eddie - you're a great ambassador for the forum!

Oldcodger 29th Nov 2016 11:09 pm

We curse them when they do things that don't make sense, but when problems happen, they are there to help us. WHO- well the mods/admin staff ,of course. Recently I had a PC time of horrors. I switched on to get the usual bios message about set up or boot. And then - a flashing cursor. Something on my MB had died- most possibly a regulator as I found a hard drive power connector making bad connections. New MB sorted out that, and the long slog of a three system install ( XP/W7/W10) ,and although I'd taken steps to get most of my e mail addresses into a form where I could reset passwords, I'd forgotten about the one associated with VR. Long story short, eventually I managed to get access to my backup e mail site and mods sorted out my access. Many thanks guys- so they're not ogres after all . Take a bow, Station x.

mole42uk 2nd Dec 2016 9:52 am

Thanks to Richard in St. Albans for the Marconi Directional Power Head.

paulsherwin 2nd Dec 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks to Stephen (Scottart) for the nVidia graphics card.

brunel 7th Dec 2016 11:21 am

Thanks to greg_simons, for the 2 Sony Batteries.

Dickie 11th Dec 2016 7:51 pm

Thanks to Derek (kreeddch) for the opportunity to pillage his lockup!

Restoration73 17th Dec 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks to Cobaltblue (Mike) for the Sony Umatic tapes.

Tony

Nickthedentist 18th Dec 2016 12:25 pm

THanks to Merlinmaxwell for the free BT phone lead he sent me very promptly and FOC. I'm very grateful.

Herald1360 19th Dec 2016 11:13 pm

Thank you Ken (Ambientnoise) for the Beogram 1500 deck- and the mince pie and cup of tea and a natter (hope I didn't go on for too long about MRI magnets.....).

SiriusHardware 20th Dec 2016 1:41 am

Grateful thanks to Biggles for the transistors I needed to get my 1970s amplifier module working...

Phil G4SPZ 22nd Dec 2016 1:13 am

Thank you very much, Jim G4XWD, not only for the gramophone cabinet hinges but also for giving me a spare movement for a Taylor 40kOPV multimeter. Not to mention the cup of tea, delicious mince pie and chat with your soon-to-be XYL. Thank you!

Phil G4SPZ 6th Jan 2017 11:17 am

A massive thank-you to Jim Medley for generously sending me a bluetooth receiver and other goodies, completely FOC. A true gentleman and a vastly experienced engineer too :clap:

eddie_ce 6th Jan 2017 2:49 pm

Many thanks to WME_Bill for his assistance with a service manual.

McMurdo 10th Jan 2017 7:14 pm

Thanks to Yestertech for re-uniting my Pye T21 with its correct handbook. :D

Nymrod121 12th Jan 2017 3:45 pm

Many thanks to Paul Stenning for sending me a Matsui DA-1 DAB adaptor with power supplier & remote control - all very well-packed! - also the operating manual as an emailed PDF.
Cheers, Paul :thumbsup:
Best wishes
Guy

HamishBoxer 13th Jan 2017 4:31 pm

Thank You Ian G4JQT for Bush Band 3 convertor. Could not have been packed better.

Regards,

David G8JET

Humber888 24th Jan 2017 5:25 pm

Thank you to Glyn (WelshAnorak) for the Revox shorting plug he dug out for me. Much appreciated.

Mike G4AHT

Phil G4SPZ 30th Jan 2017 12:47 am

Thanks to Andy G6FGO ('Scimitar') for the GP charger for prismatic cells, received last September and just fixed! :wave:

Reelman 30th Jan 2017 2:45 am

Many thanks to Rob Lines for allowing a few of us to relieve him of his "round tuition" pile and transfer it to ours.
Very best wishes for the future medical attention, hope you make a full and quick recovery!
Peter

Phil G4SPZ 30th Jan 2017 5:46 pm

Grateful thanks on behalf of the Black Country Living Museum go to David, a.k.a. Forum member 'davidw' for donating, completely FOC and without postage charges, a three-pointed star to replace the one missing from the speaker fret of our restored 1933 Murphy A4. I thought these stars were made of Unobtanium, but David has kindly proved that they're only as rare as Hen's Teeth and which, fortunately for us, he was willing to give away! Many thanks David, you've been most helpful.

electronicskip 31st Jan 2017 9:56 pm

A big thank you to Station X for the Storno Transreceiver Kit.
So well packed!!!
Thank you

Miguel Lopez 3rd Feb 2017 2:53 pm

Thanks to merlinmaxwell for sending me a couple of WWVB receivers to be used in my experiments on digital clocks.

Nymrod121 4th Feb 2017 5:33 pm

Many thanks to Greg Simons for arranging collection of 3 x spares-or-repair VCRs at very short notice - Mrs Nymrod was well pleased with the dining room looking less cluttered. Problem is, she hasn't been into the garage this afternoon so the Tektronix 521 Vectorscope you gave me has not been spotted yet - !! 8-o Thanks for this item; it was a pleasure meeting you & I thoroughly enjoyed our natter. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the Austin when the weather improves.
Cheers
Guy

greg_simons 4th Feb 2017 6:37 pm

Many thanks to nymrod121 for the philips vcr's and the grand tour of the garage!, very much appreciated.
Greg.

Miguel Lopez 6th Feb 2017 10:54 pm

A huge "THANKS" to Andy (aka. Dr Wobble) for sending me a lot of bits for my experiments on electronics. :thumbsup:

Paul Stenning 15th Feb 2017 12:55 pm

A nice letter from Oakhaven Hospice today. Obviously it's standard text apart from the first sentence but still good of them to send a thank you letter (a lot of charities don't bother).

This is for the four lots sold in the recent BVWS auction, a couple of items sold on here and a couple of personal donations I received. Thanks all.