UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

TonyDuell 2nd Jul 2016 4:44 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to 'Retrotechie' for the beautiful Sony PVM9044 monitor. I hope I can get it working, it will be very useful to me.

thomass 2nd Jul 2016 5:40 pm

Thanks to Mark (mhennessy) for lovely Marconi 2438 universal counter and the Marconi nixie counter.

Phil G4SPZ 3rd Jul 2016 4:08 pm

Thank you to Hugh ("Stockden") for the very nice Avo Model 7, and also for keeping it for me until he was coming to Bewdley to deliver it in person! What a gentleman. MNI TNX OM.

Pilot Mariner 3rd Jul 2016 7:45 pm

Thankyou very much to Paula (frsimen) for excellent advice in tracking down difficult fault on my Grundig 2012.

Mark

Steve_Bell 4th Jul 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks very much to Guy (Nymrod121) for the FOC 15v PSU.

Reelman 4th Jul 2016 9:24 pm

And thanks also from me to Guy (Nymrod121) for the FOC 15v PSU. Much appreciated.
Peter

Ti Pwun 9th Jul 2016 10:41 am

Many thanks to Joe (ThePillenwerfer) for the NOS LP1179 module. Very much appreciated.

ThePillenwerfer 10th Jul 2016 12:00 am

Thanks to Ti Pwun for relieving me of it. :)

Ti Pwun 10th Jul 2016 7:18 pm

Thank you to Anton (G3VFB_Anton) for the books. Greatly appreciated.

Stylo N M 16th Jul 2016 4:19 pm

A very big thank you to 60 oldjohn for very kindly sending me some 10k resistors, just thought it would be nice to give him a mention.

Thank you, Paul.

mole42uk 19th Jul 2016 9:33 am

Thanks to Chris (Herald1360) for the 12V connector to match the one in my car.

Skywave 19th Jul 2016 7:21 pm

My thanks go to Dr. Wobble who kindly sent me some spare parts, F.O.C., for the Weller TCP soldering iron.

Al. / Skywave / July 19, '16 //

electronicskip 22nd Jul 2016 6:13 am

Thanks to Welsh Anorak for sending me the Akai VS5 I have been searching for , for so long , delighted !

Skywave 22nd Jul 2016 12:02 pm

My most grateful thanks to Malc Scott who provided me with a Weller TCP soldering iron.

Al. / Skywave / July 22, 2016 //

mole42uk 22nd Jul 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks to Restoration73 for a diecast box lid that saves the day for me!

Cobaltblue 22nd Jul 2016 9:48 pm

A big thank you to Richard (mole42uk) for the Solar inverter.

A fascinating piece of equipment beautifully built.

I am still figuring out how it works but it is certainly keeping me busy!

Thanks Richard!

Cheers

Mike T

julie_m 22nd Jul 2016 10:02 pm

Quick summary: You feed stable AC into the AC input/output, and random DC into the DC input. The inverter draws as much power as it can from the DC source (it continuously monitors the voltage and current, and adjusts the resistance it presents so as to deliver maximum power) and pumps this power onto the AC output, exactly in sync with the crests and troughs of the applied waveform. If there is no external voltage applied, it goes into shutdown; this is intended to protect anyone working on the power circuits from a shock, although of course you should still disconnect it properly if you know you are going to be doing so.

eddie_ce 25th Jul 2016 4:52 pm

I have just stumbled across this thread and would like to add a belated thanks to Ti Pwun who very kindly sent me some coil formers FOC.

What a great resource this forum is.

Eddie King

camtechman 29th Jul 2016 12:02 am

Just thanks to all members for puting up with my ramblings and, sometimes, my 'iggernorant' questions.
And for the freebees, donations of bits & pieces & moreover, great advice.

All the best !

ben 31st Jul 2016 2:40 pm

Sincere thanks to Peter W for sending me some reel to reel spares without asking for a penny. A very kind gesture! :)

grahamperrin 4th Aug 2016 9:19 am

Thanks to Heatercathodeshort (and others) for the information around the historical relationship between Philips in Eindhoven and in Mitcham. Great context.

TonyDuell 4th Aug 2016 3:45 pm

Many thanks to 'greenkit' for the beautiful HP3770B Telephone Line Analyser. It arrived in good condition, looks to be complete and has more internal options than I was expecting. This is going to give me hours of entertainment.

Ti Pwun 9th Aug 2016 1:18 am

Thank you to John (kan_turk) for the Practical Integrated Circuits book. Basic stuff but definitely a useful addition to the electronics book collection.

ben 9th Aug 2016 1:39 am

Hearty thanks to MartiR2R for his gift of the Tandberg bits I needed for a recent restore job.

Also to Mark in Manc for hanging on to a 'scope for me for several months, and being so patient!

My best wishes to you.

Nymrod121 11th Aug 2016 2:29 pm

Many thanks to markhennessy for the Black*Star frequency counter. Nice meeting you today! :thumbsup:
Cheers
Guy

greenkit 11th Aug 2016 10:21 pm

Thanks to Alistair D for the Lyons D-10 manual: much appreciated.

Greenkit

Skywave 13th Aug 2016 4:52 pm

My thanks to Mark Hennessey for his noble attempts to help me repair an Acoustic Solutions LCD monitor / T.V. Ultimately, my repair attempts were unsuccessful, but that's not the point of this post.

Al. / Aug. 13, 2016 //

Humber888 16th Aug 2016 3:49 pm

Many thanks to 60 Oldjohn for sending me a small sample of Rocol Kilopoise damping grease. This has enabled me to establish that it works a treat in repairing the damped tape tension arm on a Revox A77. Otherwise I would have had to buy the viscous fluid version at much greater cost, without knowing if it would work.

Cheers to you John :beer:

Mike

eddie_ce 22nd Aug 2016 3:54 pm

Many thanks to London John for sending some transistors FOC, very generous.

Boater Sam 22nd Aug 2016 7:17 pm

Thanks to Mike T -Cobaltblue- for the odd 13a plugs. Gratefully received.
Sam

Ti Pwun 23rd Aug 2016 1:30 pm

Many thanks to Peter (pmmunro) for the RS catalogue. This will be a huge help.

Reelman 23rd Aug 2016 11:34 pm

Great thanks to Michael Maurice for literally going out of his way to meet and give me a tape recorder. Hope you found Matlock ok and arrived safely back home.
Thanks again,
Cheers!
Peter.

Phil G4SPZ 28th Aug 2016 4:41 pm

My grateful thanks to Vidjoman for sharing his very professional artwork for a replica Vidor L5550 HT & LT battery :clap:

VT FUSE 28th Aug 2016 5:25 pm

Many thanks to Mike (Mikey405) for offering f.o.c the Lafayette HA-600A Rx.
Most generous, and a pleasure to meet you and see a few of your TV sets when I called to pick the radio up.

Rejectostat 30th Aug 2016 11:41 am

Thanks to Hetrodyne for offering some 2.5mm cable via the Forum. Exactly what I needed for a house restoration and much appreciated.

John (Rejectostat).

Sean Williams 15th Sep 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks to Ed Dinning for the scans of the PTV articles on converting the type 62 indicator unit.

Sean

paulsherwin 18th Sep 2016 3:01 pm

Thanks to Mike (coil1234) for the FOC NAD 4020A tuner, which finally completed its convoluted journey to me today. The packing was amazing for an FCS transfer - I'd be interested to see how he packs stuff that actually has to be posted! :)

Thanks also to Guy (Nymrod121) for organising the FCS arrangements and dropping it off at Oxford M40 services for me today. Much appreciated.

cathy_vintage 20th Sep 2016 8:00 am

Big thanks from me to 'fetteler' for rummaged out the two LP Mullard FM modules for Ash and giving them to him. Ash said it was like 1973 all over again, when he last bought a pair. Hope to meet you when he drops your parts off for you.

Oldcodger 20th Sep 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks for suggestions in https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=129804.
Turned out that here were options missing from the manual .

Ti Pwun 23rd Sep 2016 4:55 pm

Big thanks to cathy_vintage (Cathy/Ash) for the sig gen and the sockets. Really appreciated.

Jon.

Humber888 25th Sep 2016 2:29 pm

Many thanks to cathy_vintage (Cathy/Ash) for the HP frequency counter. It arrived safely today by MyHermes (Sunday!).

Mike

Boater Sam 25th Sep 2016 5:47 pm

Massive thank you to Ash and Cathy (cathy_vintage ) for their generous early Christmas presents many of us have received.

Sam.

martiR2R 29th Sep 2016 7:20 pm

Many thanks to DavidDeakin for 4 nice 807's.
Regards
Martin

Stylo N M 29th Sep 2016 8:37 pm

Many thanks to Bob Moss for sending me the RT111 Dansette Radio FOC, a very kind and very generous thought, I'm very grateful to him.
thank you,

paul.

Nymrod121 4th Oct 2016 11:56 am

Many thanks to yestertech for sending me an EEV camera tube in its original storage box, complete with (unused!) warranty claim card.

A great bit of Waterhouse Lane nostalgia ... my old school chum Bob Tokley was EEV's camera tube guru for many years and I visit him every so often. He'll be delighted to see it :thumbsup:

Cheers
Guy

deliverance 5th Oct 2016 6:14 pm

A big thanks to Peter. GODRT for the slow motion drive for my R1155 it's much appreciated .

AC/HL 8th Oct 2016 1:52 pm

Many thanks to wireless_paul for the signal generator, which will be put to good use.

Boater Sam 12th Oct 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks go to Top Cap, for the V4 modules and the CD with instruction manual, exceptional guy.
Sam.

Ti Pwun 13th Oct 2016 10:51 am

Thank you to Martin (martiR2R) for the AVO meter movements. Much appreciated.

Jon.

Reelman 15th Oct 2016 11:56 pm

Many thanks to Tim, flyingtech55, for the remote control which I hope to convert for R2R use. Not only FOC but he also covered the postage! Good man!
Much appreciated,
Peter