UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Websites (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Richardsradios auction (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=193112)

Barnmead 26th Jul 2022 11:53 am

Richardsradios auction

My wife and I are thinking of downsizing and I have reluctantly decided that my collection of radios and instruments must be culled. An auctioneer has viewed the collection will shortly be photographing and cataloguing the items prior to the sale on 15th September. As it seems to be a useful resource I will continue to maintain the website for the foreseeable future. For further information see

http://www.richardsradios.co.uk

The Philpott 26th Jul 2022 1:00 pm

Re: Richardsradios auction

Useful resource? It's been THE default resource for my area of interest Richard!

Thanks for letting us know.
Dave

Superscope 26th Jul 2022 1:34 pm

Likewise,

Not only is it a very valuable resource, but it's exceptionally well laid out
and easy to navigate, without all that unnecessary annoying Bling.

Thanks for your efforts Richard.

Ian

electronicskip 26th Jul 2022 1:47 pm

Sad news when a lovely collection has to be sold on , but at the end of the day you and your wife come first..
Lovely website too.

locknut 26th Jul 2022 4:49 pm

A fine looking collection, a few familiar sets there! I'm sure you've had a great deal of pleasure from them over the years, and hopefully, the new custodians of the sets will have their share too.

Great website too, I've had many a peruse when I get a quiet moment.

Good luck with the sale!

Uncle Bulgaria 27th Jul 2022 12:59 pm

I had no idea that the namesake of that very useful website was a member here! I hope you're going to keep some of your favourites - they're really rather decorative.

Ben Humphrys 27th Jul 2022 4:09 pm

Your website is wonderful and has greatly inspired me, thank you very much Richard.

Paul_RK 27th Jul 2022 5:09 pm

A fine website and best wishes for the success of the auction, which I may even attend: I've never been to Diss and it's just a modest bus ride and a shorter train one away. We arranged a sale of probably similar proportions in 2018, 300+ items mostly radios, before relocating to my native territory, but another 300 or so sets came with us and Fakenham's weekly auction occasionally adds to their number.

Paul

Sinewave 27th Jul 2022 6:12 pm

Certainly a go to website for information. Let's hope items go to meaningful collectors who appreciate their history.

Barnmead 28th Jul 2022 11:28 am

Thank you all for your kind comments. I will really miss some of them even if they have only been sitting there looking at me for years. I have been taking them down from the shelves and giving them a dust. In doing so I have found that one or two of these old pensioners that did work have refused to wake up!

The Philpott 28th Jul 2022 12:03 pm

- I think that the breakdown rate in aged gear is similar across shelved items/used items!
The latest odd little gremlin i found was INVISIBLE corrosion on battery terminals- took me a while to locate this.

Dave

Vintage_RC 28th Jul 2022 11:41 pm

I have often visited your excellent website but didn't know your identity on this forum. I hope the sale of your extensive collection goes well (and please keep a few items), best wishes for the future.

wireman 31st Jul 2022 11:14 am

I have seen this site before, wonderfully put together.