UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Al (astral highway) 15th Feb 2020 1:55 pm

Thanks for Paul

Thanks to Paul (Sherwin) for the bag of shake-proof / serrated head screws.

They are helping me to repurpose some scrapped computer hardware as a case for a project.

Cheers

John10b 17th Feb 2020 2:39 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to Michael - Yesnaby - for the two pieces of Veneer which he kindly gave me, I’m hoping to be able to repair my Black Box cabinet.
John

electronicskip 20th Feb 2020 2:44 pm

Many thanks to Telstar (Mike) for the KB Minuet radio.
Very pleased with it.

Diabolical Artificer 20th Feb 2020 6:17 pm

A big thank you to Ian G3XYV for the Tek 585 and for bringing it over, also for the HP3903B, been after one for years, happy as a clam in happyland. It never fails to amaze me how helpfull folk on this forum are, it's much appreciated.

Andy.

paulsherwin 21st Feb 2020 11:46 am

Thanks to Norman Raeburn for his generous donation of a laptop SODIMM.

Uncle Bulgaria 23rd Feb 2020 9:31 pm

Thank you (belatedly) to Electronpusher0 for the AVOmeter terminal. My grandfather's model 8 is now looking much happier!

Chris55000 24th Feb 2020 2:45 pm

H!

My grateful thanks to MotorBikeLes for furnishing me with the TQ Manuals I was desiring and the chance to get a really nice TQ CT71 in lovely (not far off mint!) Condition – I've got quite a few Scopex and Dynamco that need their T.D.'s looking at, so I can set up the CT71 to check them on a suitable max current setting (I believe most are about 4.5mA!)

Another reason I wanted a DM63 was to see about a replacement circuit board for the trigger IC, altho' there are still a few TQ ic's floating about they're getting scarcer!

With this in mind, I'm going to have a go myself at this project over the next few months!

Chris Williams

terrybull 27th Feb 2020 10:53 am

A shout out to Huw aka merlinmaxwell for the Tecsun radio I received yesterday. A really generous gift I am delighted with. Thank you.

John10b 28th Feb 2020 4:22 pm

Thank you Phildil for the Red Chinese Cartridge Holders, which you made, they fit really well.
John

Tyso_Bl 29th Feb 2020 4:56 am

Thank you to Ken (Ambientnoise) for the Hitachi scope, nice to put a face to the name.

T

paulsherwin 5th Mar 2020 3:42 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulsherwin (Post 1219071)
Thanks to Norman Raeburn for his generous donation of a laptop SODIMM.

Norman has also sent me two of his MP3 boards, with which I shall have a play. Many thanks.

The Philpott 5th Mar 2020 9:40 pm

Thankyou Norman for the Numitrons and Nixies received today. Much appreciated. If i find that i don't have the necessary grey matter to build these up into clocks or coherent displays i will pass them back into the forum at the same price.

Dave

SiriusHardware 11th Mar 2020 5:16 pm

Many thanks to KeithsTV for entrusting four vintage 7408 logic ICs to my care. Much appreciated, Keith.

Viscount 11th Mar 2020 5:19 pm

a very big thankyou to david (captainpugwash)for sending me the remote for my technics cd player,never thought any one would have one ,brilliant ....

The Philpott 11th Mar 2020 10:22 pm

Thanks again Norman for the croc-clips. I have split them with Mike B.
Dave

kalee20 12th Mar 2020 6:28 pm

Many thanks to Jonathan, Syrinx1, for packing and despatching AVO winding machine. Saved me best part of a day's journey!

bc312 14th Mar 2020 12:58 pm

Thanks to Adam (donutty) for his very generous offer of 3mm wander plugs - mine arrived today, very nice quality. Thanks Adam.

Mike

HamishBoxer 18th Mar 2020 5:35 pm

Many thanks Norman Raeburn for prompt delivery of isolation transformer.

BrianAllen 23rd Mar 2020 3:09 pm

Many thanks to all that have given me help and advice and assisted with parts and accessories over the past months.

This includes all of the help with serial numbers of my Philips tape decks also help sourcing new/use magnetic tape (including spare parts).

Also the old radios that were donated, further to my post for suggestions for other projects.

Without your support, help and encouragement I would be struggling.

Attached is a picture of the base to my Bush PB. 12 which I have sprayed black as I couldn't find a black wood stain dark enough.

Some great advice from Dave regarding routers, cutters and grades of plywood.

Thanking you all again.

Brian

Outrun_uk 26th Mar 2020 6:30 pm

Big thanks to Mike (Cobaltblue) for the Betamax tapes which have now arrived safely.

Kev

Phil G4SPZ 28th Mar 2020 10:54 am

Thank you to Stevenkw2t in Australia for scanning and sending me PDFs of info I was seeking on Sterling synchronous clocks :clap: Very kind of you.

MALC SCOTT 30th Mar 2020 10:57 am

A big thank you to forum member Horris for sending me the on/off tone and v/c pots for my Bush TR82c. Malc.:thumbsup:

Chris55000 4th Apr 2020 7:34 pm

Hi!

My thanks to Member Pinörkel (Denis) for all his hard work on the TQ D755 manual and all his tips and tutorials, in particular how to make high quality PCB layout diagrams like you get in original service manuals – this was something I have tried like the Vintage British Drawing Lettering project, but couldn't get a good enough result with my own skills on their own!

Chris Williams

thermionic 9th Apr 2020 7:24 pm

Very many thanks to Terry123, for sending me a manual for my Philips PM5508 pattern generator.

SimonT.

cathoderay57 11th Apr 2020 11:44 am

I'm sure I will echo the views of all giving a big thankyou to Paul Stenning for setting up, and the moderators for sustaining, this Forum. It is one of the key activities that is keeping me from going stir crazy during the lockdown.....:clap: Jerry

Kentode 14th Apr 2020 10:59 am

Absolutely! :clap::clap::clap:

I predict a baby boom and restoration boom, a whole new generation of vintage equipment users.

"I restored this while we were waiting for you to be born." ;D

Nymrod121 15th Apr 2020 1:26 pm

Many thanks to emeritus over in Brentwood for the 12V 2-pin rewireable connector ... just the job ... photos refer :)
Donation made to Marie Curie Cancer Care as promised.
Guy

Robsradio 17th Apr 2020 3:06 pm

Many thanks to Bear2Biker (Paul) for his kindness with my ‘wanted’ request.
Cheers
Rob

martin.m 25th Apr 2020 8:30 pm

Many thanks to emeritus (Ron) for sending me a couple of "vintage" phono plugs entirely at his own expense.

Cobaltblue 2nd May 2020 8:30 pm

Like to Thank Andy (Diabolical Artificer) for the Frozen Karaoke player it's made one of my Granddaughters very happy. I am sure I am not alone in saying Andy always goes the extra mile he's a really good chap :thumbsup:

Thanks Andy.

Uncle Bulgaria 2nd May 2020 8:36 pm

I'll second the above - the ferrites and microswitches he sent (beautifully wrapped) were a very beneficent bestowal.

fetteler 11th May 2020 11:43 am

I'd like to say a big thank you to jimbilton for his kind gift the 'Everay' violet ray therapy device. It's a super little curiosity and a great addition to my small collection of interesting stuff.

Steve.

John10b 11th May 2020 6:32 pm

Thank you WD40addict for copy of your book, very interesting.
John

CambridgeWorks 18th May 2020 4:47 pm

Many thanks to David Church for the netgear router which arrived today. Even has a "proper" psu! Very well packed as well.
Rob

Dickie 18th May 2020 5:16 pm

Many thanks to Guy (nymrod121) for sending me a x10 attenuator pad to get my Tek 465B back to full health.

A_W_TYE 19th May 2020 6:14 am

Many thanks to David ( Captainpugwash ) for sending me ,not only the part I requied
for my handle Bush TR82C, but the rest of the handle and part of the case
also.

Many thanks again.

G4XWDJim 22nd May 2020 10:39 am

A big thank you to Mick, Vinrads for his generous gift of two knobs sent completely free of any cost to me. You are a gentleman sir and I’m very grateful thank you.

Jim

Nymrod121 22nd May 2020 7:56 pm

A big thank you to Bob (woodchips) for the 'goodie bag' of thermistors & thermocouples (in response to my 'Test Equipment' thread re. the HP11501A).
Cheers! :)
Guy

HamishBoxer 31st May 2020 1:57 pm

Thank you Peter (Reelman) for the Shure mic that was kindly collected by yourself and passed to me today.

Best Regards,

David

Pamphonica 6th Jun 2020 6:19 pm

And thanks to Vinrads (Mick) who found me the pot I needed for my Bush VHF61 restoration, and sent with it some very useful spare knobs for that set. He refused to accept payment, even for postage. Now that’s very much in the finest traditions of this forum.
Thanks Mick!
-Jeremy

Electronpusher0 6th Jun 2020 7:18 pm

Thank you to Sean Williams for the UX5 bases, I requested one and he sent both bakelite and ceramic versions and flatly refused the postage. Much appreciated

Peter

Kevin Hoyland 7th Jun 2020 10:20 am

Thank You to Mick Vinrads.

For repairing my Avo 8x panclimatic and letting me have the Bush Arena 2000.

Regards
Kev.

Gabe001 8th Jun 2020 4:14 pm

Only just discovered this thread. Thank you very much to Chris (unitelex - Manchester) who fixed my very first set last year, a pilot u650. This was my first foray into vintage technology and I've never looked back since.
Would not hesitate to recommend.
Gabriel.

linescan87 12th Jun 2020 12:02 pm

I would like to thank David/Radio Wrangler for arranging a tray of Guinness on behalf of the forum for me as the one millionth poster prize.

So a very big thanks to David and everyone on the forum.

terrybull 16th Jun 2020 4:54 pm

I'd like to express my sincere thanks to Frank (frankmcvey) for testing a box of valves with me today. Your patience knows no bounds.
Thanks Frank.

Outrun_uk 17th Jun 2020 11:50 pm

Thank you to See_Mos (Trevor) for the Dragon 32 which arrived safely today.

Kev

AnalogueMan 18th Jun 2020 4:22 pm

Thanks to freya for responding to my PM after I spotted he'd provided the manual I needed to another member way back in 2015

DMcMahon 19th Jun 2020 9:23 pm

Many thanks to Atlantic 52 (George) for FOC Solartron CD1400 Oscilloscope and extra's, will be a good project to get it back to full running order.

David

DMcMahon 19th Jun 2020 9:27 pm

A big thank you to ValvoStef for various FOC drawer storage units, will come in very handy.

David

stacman 20th Jun 2020 8:50 am

Thanks to Peter, (reelman), for collecting the PSU recently, great to meet up as well,
Top bloke,
Regards, Alan