UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

yampy187 20th May 2017 11:04 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Thanks to mikey405 for the Ferguson tx10 as well as the other car full of old electronic goodies ☺️

Kind regards

Jan

Reelman 22nd May 2017 8:43 am

Many thanks to Bob_Moss for the vintage car radio he gave me yesterday. Looking forward to getting it going and enjoyed our chat.
Cheers,
Peter

electronicskip 24th May 2017 6:51 pm

A big thanks to Noel (Greenkit) for the Storno radiotelephone equipment.
Really well packed too!!
Thanks again.

'LIVEWIRE?' 26th May 2017 12:09 pm

Thanks, AC/HL (Bill) for the BVWS Capacitors page. I couldn't find it on the BVWS Website, but will contact Mike Barker the next time I need those Screwmount capacitors. Because the thread in 'Sets, Parts & Service Info. wanted' has been closed, I wasn't able to reply directly earlier this morning.

Reelman 27th May 2017 1:17 am

Many thanks to Jim, G4XWDJim for the box of parts that arrived this week. Presently arranging for the other forum members who showed an interest to receive what they wanted out of it.
Cheers!
Peter

HG MICKE 27th May 2017 12:25 pm

Many thanks to Rchard, mole42uk,for the hp Analyser.

Colin

TonyDuell 27th May 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks to Paul (wd40addict) for his Audacity plug-in that generates a Wow & Flutter test signal. It has proved very useful for verifying the operation of a Wow & Flutter meter I bought recently.

mhennessy 29th May 2017 10:45 pm

My thanks to Humber888 for the HP 1740A oscilloscope, and to WaveyDipole for helping transport it to me - I only hope I can repay the favour one day.

I'm hopeful that this unit contains the last part needed to complete a restoration project that's been on the back-burner for the last few years - if so, I'll write it up on the forum in due course. But in the meantime, thanks again to both :thumbsup:

Chris55000 31st May 2017 8:11 pm

Hi!

My thanks to Member Mikey405 for the PE Magazines, to Member Jacek for delivering 'em to me and Member John Caswell for the two HP180 Oscoilloscopes that I'm looking forward to restoring!

Chris Williams

AndiiT 1st Jun 2017 8:06 pm

Hi, A huge thanks here to forum member awc (Alex) who provided me with a (two actually) template for a BSR UA8 autochanger around a week ago.

Andrew

stumted2 1st Jun 2017 8:49 pm

Just to Say a huge thank you to Tom I for his very kind gift of a sonotone cartridge plus new stylus and P&P which he refuses to accept any payment for.

In the near future, I hope to follow Toms lead and pass on to forum members, stuff that I no longer need, which may be of some use to other members.

If only our world leaders could reflect Toms mind-set and actions, wouldn't that be fantastic.

Many thanks once again Tom.

All my very best and kindest regards,

Ted

Goldie99 3rd Jun 2017 11:57 am

My thanks to 'mole42uk' - for the 15V / 0 / -15V PS unit.

Alan

Phil G4SPZ 6th Jun 2017 8:11 pm

Thanks yet again are due to Jim G4XWD, for donating a pocket-watch voltmeter and other items for display at the Black Country Living Museum. Thanks for the cuppa, too!

Reelman 13th Jun 2017 12:47 pm

Many thanks go to Colin (HG MICKE) for sending the switches FOC and even paying the postage.
You are a fine gentleman Sir!
Much appreciated,
Peter

HamishBoxer 13th Jun 2017 8:10 pm

Thank you to David (Radio Wrangler) for packing up superbly a Dummy Load.

martiR2R 13th Jun 2017 8:40 pm

I second Reelman's comments above - thankyou Colin.

Regards
Martin

greg_simons 18th Jun 2017 4:28 pm

Many thanks to the two tony's, g8kbg and restoration73 for their help with some valves and screenector plug for the homebrew mullard amp project, it will live again soon.
greg.

TonyDuell 22nd Jun 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks to 'mole42uk' for sending the bridge for my Sectic Bijou clock movement. It fits perfectly, and will save me many hours on the mill

Karen O 3rd Jul 2017 4:47 am

Many thanks to all the forum members who helped me out with some ancient SD cards - all but one of these cards have the byte addressability I was looking for.

:thumbsup:

ben 6th Jul 2017 11:27 pm

Thanks to David (factory) for his gift of some audio equipment and for being so understanding and hanging on to it for me until I could recently get a friend to collect. Much appreciated.