UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Clubs, Groups and Societies (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Wootton Bassett - 7th December (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34838)

ajs37 1st Dec 2008 12:05 pm

Wootton Bassett - 7th December

ok - let's start this one off! Who's going and what are you taking? Who will be doing the B&B stall? What's in the auction?

I may be taking a Bush vhf 41 for Sparkpete (if he's going) and some small stuff for the B&B

Cheers
Andy

Paul Stenning 1st Dec 2008 1:56 pm

Re: Wootton Bassett - 7th December

I'm hopefully going.

I'm taking some uncollected Forum Courier Service stuff to return to its original owner, and maybe more to put in the auction.

neil29 1st Dec 2008 5:53 pm

Im taking a bush TV80 for dave (dazzlevision) and collecting some boxes too. and will the usual capacitors be on sale,as i need some more as ive run out :-). also are there any other values besides the 0.01,0.1uf ones. cheers neil.

Keith_B 1st Dec 2008 8:34 pm

Hi. Do you have pre-book to be able to attend. Is it strictly a swapmeet or is there stalls as well to purchase from.

Regards Keith

Paul Stenning 1st Dec 2008 8:41 pm

It is a swapmeet with stalls to purchase from, a bring-and-buy, and an auction in the afternoon. You don't have to pre-book to attend as a buyer, but it is open to BVWS members only. Members can bring a guest plus kids, but only members themselves can bid in the auction.

If you are not a member you can join on the day (I think it would be for 2009 membership now, but would allow you into this event).

If you want a stall you have to book that in advance (contact Mike Barker). If you have just a few things to sell you could put them in the bring-and-buy or may be able to add them onto the end of the auction (as long as they aren't junk and there is room).

Dave Moll 2nd Dec 2008 12:02 am

I'm intending to be there and will bring along a few odds and ends for the bring & buy.

It remains to be seen whether I can resist the temptation to acquire loads of stuff!

murphymad 2nd Dec 2008 4:57 pm

Neil, All

BVWS Capacitors will be on sale at WB.

There are 0.1uf, 0.01uf, 0.022uf, 0.0047uf at present. Soon to be 0.047uf and 0.001uf as well when the stock arrives.

Also the Dual can Electrolytics will be there, 16+16uf, 32+32uf and 50+50uf
There will also be an 8+8uf version available when the order arrives.

Other BVWS stall material will be available as well!

I will be lotting up the items for auction tomorrow and will only be taking a very few pictures for the Website this time as I just do not have the time to dedicate to the usual array of pictures.
I will also send Paul an auction list (If I get time) for the Website.
Otherwise it will have to be a suprise to you all when you get there!

All tickets have been sent out, and everyone should have them by Thursday at the latest if you supplied a 2nd class stamp.

See you all Sunday

Mike...

ajs37 2nd Dec 2008 7:20 pm

thanks Mike!
Sometimes, it is better to keep people in suspense regarding the auction!

Cheers
Andy

Mikey405 3rd Dec 2008 8:44 am

I was going to go but they decided that the 7th of December would be a good day to disconnect all the power to the building (including the output from the generator) so I have to go in to shut all my stuff down tidily beforehand and bring it all back up again when the power comes back. :( I enjoyed the last swapmeet and was looking forward to going. Never mind - maybe next time. :)

From Mike.

Rejectostat 3rd Dec 2008 12:40 pm

I will be along there, I have one or two items that are destined for the bring and buy, and I always find something I need once I get there. I have the following handovers to do:

dazzlevision - Freeview box from ppppenguin, Forum Courier Service transfer
ajs37 - Ferranti 146 back and Ekco U159 back
60 oldjohn - Cossor 396 back
Mike T - Old battery
Gary - Accumulator

neil29 3rd Dec 2008 5:54 pm

Thanks for the information Mike. cheers neil.

Paul Stenning 5th Dec 2008 9:31 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Stenning (Post 214975)
I'm hopefully going.

I'm taking some uncollected Forum Courier Service stuff to return to its original owner, and maybe more to put in the auction.

I can update mine now...
  • Uncollected Tek scope chassis and Amiga computer to return to Cre8anet
  • Uncollected old computer thing and monitor for Dave Moll
  • Box of service data to return to Mike Barker
I don't have anything else to bring or collect as far as I know.

Dave Moll 5th Dec 2008 4:20 pm

I hope to see you all there. I probably won't have internet access between now and then.

chipp1968 6th Dec 2008 12:12 am

What's the time the doors open? I never remember:) I need to know how early to get up!

Hybrid tellies 6th Dec 2008 2:56 am

I hope to be there this year early this year providing I don't oversleep.,

Paul Stenning 6th Dec 2008 11:38 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipp1968 (Post 215980)
What's the time the doors open? I never remember:) I need to know how early to get up!

It's on the events locations page, 10:30. Though if you get there at that time you'll probably have to park on the road so you might want to aim to get there before 10:00 and wait for the opening.

howard 7th Dec 2008 9:16 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Hello,

Good to see a few forum members at Wootton Bassett today. Food was once again exemplary ! Not a great a deal in the auction but I picked up the Philips (model number ?) below which I thought looked rather nice and an Ekco U319. I also got a very nice Cossor Melody Maker 524 AM/FM set in an unmarked brown bakelite case from the B & B.

Howard :)

chipp1968 7th Dec 2008 10:44 pm

You did very nicely with the Philips . does it work ok? I just paid that for one which isn't as good as yours!
I enjoyed my day and didnt buy anything except something for spares ,and bVWS caps .. Although I still ended up with more than I came with as I picked up a couple of things that had been repaired for me .

howard 8th Dec 2008 9:54 am

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipp1968 (Post 216295)
You did very nicely with the Philips. Does it work OK? I just paid that for one which isn't as good as yours!

Hello chipp,

It was described as working so it had better do so and will be tested shortly and as I live just a few hundred yards from a powerful MW transmitter it should pick up County Sound well. It is in good cosmetic condition and it's the oldest and most unusual looking radio I've got.

Howard :)

Cre8anet 8th Dec 2008 2:38 pm

(Left at W-B - Hope this is OK to post here -pls advise). If you kindly rescued when tidying...

LARGE JAM-JAR containing WHITE HV-CAPS I mistakenly left at W-B, please let me know (you are welcome to five of these for your trouble!) Better half also after the jar!

BIG THANK YOU to all who made this happen yet again! Really enjoyed meeting-up.

Dave
P.S. Does anyone know who usually scouts-round?