UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

captainpugwash 5th Oct 2021 5:05 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

Many thanks to David (Radio Wrangler) for delivering the B&O today.
It was great to meet you.
Kind regards,
David

Reelman 5th Oct 2021 8:52 pm

Big thanks to Dragonser for the test leads, will allow some ancient test meters to live again!
Peter

jayceebee 6th Oct 2021 10:20 am

Thanks go to Pamphonica for the HP grabber clips. Look to be very good quality,

John.

DMcMahon 11th Oct 2021 5:38 pm

Many thanks to Superscope (Ian) for the two Megger LT3 earth loop testers, which safely arrived on Friday.

David

Chris55000 12th Oct 2021 11:26 pm

Hi!

My grateful thanks to Member "Electrical" Stan for the Black Star 1410 Manuals, they were perfectly clear and readable, absolutely no problems!

My job now is to return the favour by getting on with the drawing of some of my own gear and uploading some of my own work!

Chris Williams

DonaldStott 13th Oct 2021 11:58 am

A huge thanks to forum members defender and Radio Wrangler for arranging to courier an isolation transformer from Huddersfield to Scotland.

Picked it up yesterday over a very enjoyable lunch at the Red Lion in Culross - thanks again David it was good to meet you.

unitelex 18th Oct 2021 3:13 pm

Thanks to David Mcmahon for the slider cap - much appreciated.

Chris

John10b 20th Oct 2021 4:38 pm

Thank you to Rich (Slidertogrid) for the turntable Circlip, much appreciated.
John

Heatercathodeshort 21st Oct 2021 3:22 pm

Very many thanks to Mike [Mikey 66] for the supply of enough special 2N7 caps to complete my G8 project. I have a Roberts G8 soon on the bench [one I sold new!]to use the extra capacitors you kindly supplied. Regards, John.

DMcMahon 21st Oct 2021 3:41 pm

A big thank you to unitelex (Chris) for the homemade cam rollers (very professional looking) plus diodes and resistors.

David

bc312 27th Oct 2021 11:55 am

Many thanks to Frank for the lovely selection of capacitors received today.

Mike

Reelman 27th Oct 2021 1:43 pm

Many thanks to Alan SP15 for the BSR tape recorder bits, already using one of the knobs!
Cheers!
Peter

DMcMahon 27th Oct 2021 7:55 pm

Many thanks to frankmcvey for the four contact file holders that safely arrived yesterday.

As I do not really need all of them I will PM DigitalNoMore (Jerry) to see if he would like two of them (at no charge), as he was the second responder.

David

woodchips 28th Oct 2021 5:39 pm

My thanks to terrybull for the Denon cassette deck.

Squipper 1st Nov 2021 4:52 pm

My thanks to LunarTerry for the Roberts Junior and bag.
A most generous gift. All the best, Paul.

Chris55000 3rd Nov 2021 6:17 pm

Hi!

My thanks to Paul (wd40addict) for the Solartron A100 Original Colour Printed Manual he generously sent – my eyes have got to the state where "Mauritron Specials" are too tiring on what's left of my eyesight (surgery still awaiting!) to read clearly!

Chris Williams

deliverance 5th Nov 2021 9:58 am

A big thanks to frankmcvey for the splitter boxes just the job .

Missile30 5th Nov 2021 5:01 pm

Really need to thank unitelex (Chris) based in Altrincham who has just fully restored, added Bluetooth and completed bodywork on my late father’s old Ferguson 3400. The whole family are amazed how it looks and sounds and I’m extremely happy with how it turned out and the care and consideration Chris has taken. All the way through he kept me up to date on how things were going and gave appropriate suggestions. Really emotional seeing and hearing it working again just like I remember. Would definitely recommend him for any restorations or repairs as he has clearly spent hours and gone above and beyond to get it working brilliantly and looking fantastic.

Thanks again Chris,
Matt

DMcMahon 6th Nov 2021 12:38 am

Many thanks to Downwind27 (Tony) for the 4mm panel mount sockets that arrived yesterday, they will come in useful.

David

unitelex 8th Nov 2021 5:44 pm

A belated thanks to David DMcMahon for kindly sending me the slider cap knob for the TK141.