UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum

UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Announcements and Comments (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Thanks Thread (https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60832)

Miguel Lopez 23rd Feb 2018 4:17 pm

Re: The Thanks Thread

A huge "Thank you" to my friend Andy (aka "Diabolical Artificer") for sending me a lot of components that I need for my projects along with a lot of material to teach English to my girls.

Thank you Andy.

greg_simons 23rd Feb 2018 8:55 pm

Many thanks to dave aka 'boom' for letting me have the bandswitch off his scrap dac90 chassis, it's most appreciated and i'll try to keep the language clean when fitting it,,,honest.
Greg.

Nymrod121 24th Feb 2018 1:52 pm

A sincere thank you to Stephen (Scottart) for sending me 2 x 2GB SODIMMs - safely received earlier today & now installed into my laptop.

All working perfec - qcoibyroccnowvsiunrz8ivl545uni93ilrf,f,O3671£&*LO O4I99I8577349393993030030020HNVWIORE8NIJRL;IKR_)(* &^%$£"£$%^&&&& - tly, ... as you can see ;)

But seriously, though - this has made the world of difference to its performance (Windows 7) and I'm very grateful.
All the best,
Guy

captainpugwash 25th Feb 2018 7:23 pm

Thanks to Tim (flyingtech55) for the Eddystone set we collected from him today.

It was great to meet you.

Regards,

David

sobell1980 26th Feb 2018 8:54 pm

A huge thank you to Peter, Kalee20 for the brilliant BVWS calander I received the other day. Many thanks for that and posting it to me.
Best wishes.
Dave.

Cobaltblue 26th Feb 2018 9:44 pm

Just Like to Thank Mark2Collection for the most excellent Cossor Instruments brochure. Very well packed for postage and in very nice condition, very pleased to add it to my Cossor Collection.

Thanks Mark :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mike T

Panrock 4th Mar 2018 5:46 pm

A big thanks to percival007 who very kindly agreed to change the surface mount chip in my Panasonic HDD/DVD Recorder causing the sound fault, as recently discussed in THIS THREAD.

It was good to meet you James, and also see how your house is being kept warm in this cold weather by those huge valves! :thumbsup:

Steve

Mikey66 5th Mar 2018 2:16 pm

Many thanks to Neil29 for the coil for my G8.

Nymrod121 7th Mar 2018 10:12 am

Many thanks to Alan (Goldie99) for collecting a Tek 453 on my behalf and looking after it so I could collect once Mr Putin had closed his fridge door properly ;) A pleasure to meet you yesterday and thanks again for your kind hospitality.
Cheers
Guy

Mikey66 9th Mar 2018 9:20 am

Thanks to Terrybull for the Tivoli radio

The Philpott 11th Mar 2018 1:51 pm

Thankyou to Guy for supplying 10v reference chip en route yesterday. I shall now refer to the data sheet for an appropriate input voltage- and which pins to use!

The (Adafruit precision voltage chip) from Pimoroni i referred to had 2 outputs @ 2.048v and 4.096v, what with postage and packing it got to £10.50, but mini-board mounted and suitable to be driven from a PP3.

Dave P

HamishBoxer 11th Mar 2018 9:42 pm

Thank you Jeremy for the valve boxes ,first class.

David

sexton_mallard 11th Mar 2018 10:40 pm

A big THANKS to forum member radiograham for supplying me with a NOS LOPT for my KB RV10 TV. :thumbsup:

nutteronthebus 12th Mar 2018 11:22 am

Thanks to Mike Buxton for the gift of a valve Ferrogrph tape recorder for my son James for his home studio as he wants the "valve sound"

Dave

captainpugwash 12th Mar 2018 9:32 pm

Many thanks to Richard(electronskip) for the Palm Pilot which arrived safe and sound today.

Kind regards,

David

captainpugwash 13th Mar 2018 5:35 pm

Many thanks to John(astro63) for the brush and knob for my Dynatron Safari.

Regards,

David

Station X 14th Mar 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks to Jeremy (Pamphonica) for picking up some switches from Martin Lynch in Staines and posting them on to me.

Having fitted one of the switches to my Icom marine transceiver, I'm pleased to report that it's now working again.

Nickthedentist 16th Mar 2018 1:02 pm

Thanks to Mike "Cobaltblue" for sending me a lovely 1930s electric clock, much appreciated.

Nickthedentist 16th Mar 2018 1:29 pm

And I'm also very grateful to Gus "Westcliff" for two hard-to-find knobs for my 1955 Cossor sets.

Nickthedentist 16th Mar 2018 1:31 pm

And finally, for now, to Steve "music-centre" for yet another fine Bush set, with (as always) the most meticulous packing I've ever seen.

Nick.